No announcement yet.

Tales of Symphonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would of liked regal to finish off the set, but they missed him out . boohoo

Comment

I do have the OST on my hands now, and it is clear to me that the music later in the game are far better than by the beginning 20hours. The OST maybe does not have much of that "classic material" but I do enjoy it. A lot.

Comment

is the OST literally just recordings from the game?

Comment

Some seem to bet a lot different, maybe even better, and the quality is crystal clear. But there is not much you won't hear while playing the game.

Comment

Don't know if anyone's interested, but you can get the figures in boxes of 12 from Hobbylink Japan. One box cost me around ?45 with EMS shipping (cheaper with SAL) and even with the inevitable customs charge that's still pretty good.

Comment

I'm a bit late to this party, I know, but I want to say how much I'm enjoying ToS. It's great.

So much care and attention to detail and polish have been put into the game that it's impossible not to love it. For me anyway. Everything from the important stuff like the battle system, which seems worryingly random at first but becomes very deep and satisfying when you get your head around it, to the inconsequential stuff like the lovely character art on the status screens (rather than a little box in the corner with the character's face in) are all so, well, nice. I just get a big grin on my face whenever I start it up.

Probably the thing I like about it the most is the challenge. The fact that there actually is a challenge. I'm about 19 or 20 hours in so far and my party have been pwned 4 times (and came very close to a fifth). In most rpgs I don't come close to being killed until either near the end of the game or attempting to fight an optional MegaR0X0R boss without being levelled up enough.

Anyway, I could blabber on about it for ages but I doubt I'll say anything that hasn't been said before in this thread. I'll just leave it with: I *heart* this game.

Comment

I have had this about three weeks now and due to holidays and other commitments have only been able to play in fit's and starts. I am about 25 hours in having reached T'ethealla and it is a wonderful game. As people have mentioned previously, it feels like Skies of Arcadia, which for me is the best RPG ever. Lovely graphics, some good musical scores, although not a patch on the DC's Skies sweeping majestic ensembles (pahh to the tinny Gamecube interpretations) and a combat system, which quite frankly is superb.

Sometimes I think the dialogue is a bit too Americanised. For example "You Dork!" has been heard a couple of times already and the voice acting especially Colette's is cringing. I am sure her voice is the same as one of the Powerpuff Girls (thanks to my 6 year old daughter for that). But the pace, the sheer number of things to do, the scale of the adventure and the overall storyline is excellent. I am sure there are some more twists to come! One nice touch is the synopsis option. Perfect for players like myself who have to play in fit's and starts. A quick check of the synopsis and we're off again.

With this and Skies and to a certain extent Zelda WW, the GC has three of the finest RPG's of this generation.

Comment

wahey I finally finish off my figure collection

Comment

Just finished this off last night and I have to say it was one of my most enjoyable game experiences of the year...certainly best RPG I'be played for a good long while (and real tonic after my struggles with Suikoden III - was starting think I may have gone off the genre).

Loved the gentle way darker themes entered the plot and also how well the game played the thin line between hero and villain.

Also the combat system deserves to become standard for the genre....so much more entertaining to level then on most turn based systems.

Certainly a cast iron classic....although the end was possibly a little drawn out with the: its the final boss....no this is the final boss...no it really is this time. Was almost shocked when the credits finally rolled...
                    Last edited by dreamylittledream; 03-10-2004, 15:50.

Comment

Spread the love

Comment

Having read all 22 pages of this topic, I just had to order it.

Shipped already from vg+

Comment

Good choice Mr Mike sir.

I really hope you like it. I wasn?t expecting much when i first got it, for weeks i dismissed ToS and thought nothing more concerning it. It was only an 'in the moment thing' i thought 'pfft, i'll give it a short. Something to pass the summer holidays if nothing else'

My goodness...

As you've probably no doubt seen from the thread, i'm simply in love with this title... with the characters... with their relationships, their pasts and futures (hopefully they'll be a direct sequel). Everything from the morality of ideals bought to focus by the characters, to the many optional side-quests, to the vastly deep customization and the undeniably fun combat? it is a solid Gold title.

I've got myself those Figures (only 4 so far, need them all!) and think they are adorable.

Keep us informed on what you think Mr. I'm planning to re-play again very soon too ^_^
                          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I'm now on my second run through (and enjoying every minute of it) and there's something I want to know but haven't been able to answer for myself:
                            **SPOILERS** on the bit where you fight Remiel, Kratos and Yggdrassil consecutively, is it possible to beat Yggdrassil? First time round he completely pwned my party but second time round (with the 2xExp bonus) I survived for a while but then the fight abruptly ended and went into a cut-scene. Two possible explanations for this: either the fight lasts until you've done a certain amount of damage to him, in which case it's not possible to beat him, or the fight ends after a certain amount of time has elapsed. If this is the case, it should be possible to beat him but only with the 10xExp bonus (I would assume anyway). Has anyone done this? If so, do you get anything for it?

Also, I noticed on the monster book that the last boss drops an item called an EX Gem Max or something. According to the collectors book this allows you to equip any EX skill (I think, anyway). Regardless of what it does though, what's the point in giving you an item right at the end? You can't use it.

Unless there's an option in the Grade shop that allows you to carry EX gems through to the next game. I've just answered my own question haven't I? D'oh.

Comment

I imagine that if you don't equip it , it still counts as an item, therefore you can carry it across

Comment

Am I the only one who bored of this half way through?

I thought it was pretty good to begin with but I tired of it shortly after reaching the second world. The last part I played was the Ice Temple which bored me to such an extent I turned it off and have no desire to play the game again.

It's a shame really as the game had some nice touches and ideas, but ultimately it's let down by it's awful dialogue, crap puzzles that rarely make any sense, and repetitive gameplay. Oh, and the stupid American sayings and voices didn't help much either.

I wasted 30 hours of my life playing this, how depressing.

Comment

Working...
                                X