No announcement yet.

Burnout 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sandwiched by 2 cars, i kicked in burnout and the 2 went flying, one left, one right.
    Class! Did you take 'em down? I've had a double where the cars sort of slid forward then the back ends (in unison here) flip up and both cars go flying, classic A-Team material

Comment

I wonder if that's why there's the "B-Team Van" available

Comment

Originally posted by Rushy
        Huh? I adore both Burnout 1 and 2, but I still think that 3 is by far the best iteration of it yet.

You don't like 3, big deal, don't play it
        Why have so little respect for fans of 1&2. If GradiusV had been ****, all fans would have been moaning for months. If VirtuaFighter4 had become a simplistic fighter like Bloody Roar, the fans would have been totally mortified.

Some people like the BO3. Lots of people don?t like it, mainly fans of 1&2. None of the reviews I have read take into account the fact that No3 is radically different to the first 2 and that fans may not like the drastic changes.

I liked No1, loved No2 and looked forward to No3 because it would be online. What I get is a game that is so far removed from 1&2 gameplay-wise that it might as well be a whole new franchise bar the similar graphics.

I and others that feel the same way about BO3 should be aggrieved and saddened by it. We follow a series and regard it as a great game that fills our days with hours of fun and then we play No3 and realise to our horror that the game is painfully lacking in the departments that made the originals so gripping.

I feel let-down by the Ntsc-uk review and all the other reviews that were so positively glowing with admiration for a game that is a major letdown for serious followers of the series. Don?t the fans deserve acknowledgement and respect; it seems that reviewers all over the land think not

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
          Class! Did you take 'em down? I've had a double where the cars sort of slid forward then the back ends (in unison here) flip up and both cars go flying, classic A-Team material
          Yeah, I launched them into oncomming traffic

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
            Some people like the BO3. Lots of people don?t like it, mainly fans of 1&2. None of the reviews I have read take into account the fact that No3 is radically different to the first 2 and that fans may not like the drastic changes.
            I know your feeling, but take for example me and others that like BO 1 and 2 and also enjoy a lot BO3. I never felted that BO3 wasn't a Burnout game for example and many reviews, maybe again, didn't tell and focus their intentions on the review on your point above because:
            1- The game is tremendously fun
            2- The game is for them still a Burnout game
            3- Need the space to write and show stuff about the game they thought more important?
            4- They didn't thought about the quote above as a negative thing for the final scores and in the global context of what is Burnout 3 and what it ranks as a whole?

Imagine. Yes, the game is different again, but if they, in the end, reach the conclusion they have a great game on their hands, should they score less high the game because of being hmm, different from the older ones? Remember, is the game good? Take for example Gradius V you spoke too, do you think i and some others like that game because is similar to the others before? heck no, we love it because we feel its good and have fun with it ^_^

Panzer Dragoon Saga is my favourite game ever, but hmm, game 1 and 2 were on rail shooters, but did that stopped me to enjoy PDS because it was a "different" game?

Hope i get my points of view clear, english a tad rusty +_+

Comment

I?m not saying its a totally sh*t game, what I am saying is it?s a very different game from 1&2. There are fans of no1 that weren?t happy with 2 but at least it was still about pure racing.

GradiusV is a great game and a worthy addition to the series. In no way is it a radical departure, in most ways it?s a good evolution of the series that doesn?t try and do anything radically new. If the gameplay and design had been tinkered with too much, then it wouldn?t have the Gradius flava that fans hanker after. Its the same with all games, if Pro Evo Soccer suddenly became more like Fifa, fans would be very angry, as would fans of VirtuaFighter if it became like Super Smash Brothers.

Sometimes changing a game too much is a bad thing such as Tekken4. Namco dumbed that down a lot and tried to make it more DOA3 style and guess what, fans weren?t happy and the game didn?t do well. Sadly BO3 will do well and unlike Namco, EA won't have reason to look back and make a game more like the originals.

Burnout 3 may make some people happy, but it has completely different gameplay compared to the originals. I think the reviews have a duty to take into consideration that fact and WARN fans of the first 2 games that this 3rd version will disappoint if they are expecting a subtle evolution of the series and address the fact that its no longer a centred around racing but more a game of hectic mayhem.

I feel that the first 2 games didn?t exist in many peoples eyes, very strange

Comment

Why have so little respect for fans of 1&2.
                Imo it is you who have so little respect for the fans. All this talk about 'true' fans . I love the Burnout series and have triumphed the very first game since its release (as many will know) and I also love BO3. Your views do not represent mine so stop carrying like they do (Of course, exactly the same thing happened when BO2 was released. Some fans of the orginal claimed it was dumbed down).

I remember in an interview with Criterion's Alex Ward that the Takedown dynamic of BO3 was decided before the XBox release of BO2. Stick that in your 'EA have ruined my game' pipe and smoke it.

And the front end is nothing like NFS:U except for the odd EA logo. Where on earth do people dig up these lies from? I respect anyone's opinion on the game and their right not to like it, but get a grip.

The thing I love about the BO series is eactly the reason others are moaning; that the focus is different for each game. Taking BO1 and simply improving what was there would have been the easy option. Instead Criterion (i.e. not EA) have developed three very different arcade racers. The first is all about pure racing amongst heavy traffic, the second is all about speed and then zen like feeling of chaining huge Burnouts and the third is about aggressive driving. People may have a preference towards one over another, but please stop with the 'EA ruined my game' bollocks. At best it's annoying.

Comment

None of the reviews I have read take into account the fact that No3 is radically different to the first 2 and that fans may not like the drastic changes.
                  What reviews have you been reading?

Originally posted by Edge 9/10 Review
                  You'll already know that Takedown is all about aggresive driving. What you won't realise until you play it is how this shift in focus completely transforms the Burnout mechanic to the extent that it feels like a completely different game.
                  Originally posted by Games TM 10/10 Review
                  Driving quickly, avoiding cars and racking up points has taken a back seat to brutal, vehicular combat

Comment

I managed my first Triple Takedown yesterday, it was so nice I also got a Double Aftertouch Takedown in the same race. 19 killed in a Road Rage event, so close to the next award >_<

I'm pleased to say that the races become more intense as the game goes on (just unlocked the Sports series). The Face Off's, as mentioned above, are a lot closer and the traffic is as heavy as BO2 in places (on one track, as heavy as BO1). The cars are getting better to drive too; one of the Coupe's (Assassin I think) felt very Burnout 2'ish in it's handling - the weight behind it was just right.

I'm loving the World Tour still, but I do confess to getting tired of the Crash Junctions. I didn't enjoy them much in BO2 (unless in multiplayer), so that is no surprise.

What I'd like to see for BO4: Takedowns with a bit more consistency, Boosts like in BO2 (chaining), tracks from BO3 and BO1 and also tracks with traffic as heavy as BO1. Now that would be prefection

Comment

Add to that a better soundtrack, BO2 handling, better 2P framerate, and to be published and bastardised by Namco instead of EA.

Comment

balls to you. ill keep the soundtrack thankyou, perhaps they could release a cd of cookie cutter dance/trance/techno/house/bollock/bollocks/tits'n'whatnot for those of you that cannot live without that kinda ****. For once, this is a game where I (and those with similar musical tastes) can actually stomach the music, let us have our single moment in the sun.

kthxbi :P

Comment

Have to say the music is not usually my style but I think it works really well with the game. The slower tracks are confined to the menu but high octane rock music works for high octane racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkster
                            balls to you. ill keep the soundtrack thankyou, perhaps they could release a cd of cookie cutter dance/trance/techno/house/bollock/bollocks/tits'n'whatnot for those of you that cannot live without that kinda ****. For once, this is a game where I (and those with similar musical tastes) can actually stomach the music, let us have our single moment in the sun.

kthxbi :P
                            Here here. Music with bollocks.

Needed a little Dillinger Escape Plan in their though IMO.

Comment

I haven't got this yet, but I assume you can do custom soundtracks in the Xbox version like every other racer worth its salt? I'm not a high octane music man.

Comment

I was surprised to hear the Ramones in there, that was good. Everything else on the soundtrack is pish, from what I've heard so far.

Don't like the front end at all - I never knew what I was doing, what I still had to do, what I'd unlocked... give me a 'crash mode' on the main menu please, not this mess! As for the DJ.. why won't he just F*&K OFF. I was ready to smack somebody after listening to this guy for 5 minutes.

Takedowns, well to me it seemed totally random. I had absolutely no idea how, why or what kind of takedown I was doing, they just happen every so often.

Apart from all of that, it's nicer looking and appears to be faster than Burnout 2. But I think I prefer B2 to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X