No announcement yet.

Burnout 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To unlock everything, is it necessary to place first in each GP race (like in B2) or do you just need to win the cup?

Comment

You unlock new events by at least getting a bronze. The cars are unlocked by reaching certain milestones in Burnout points, takedowns and the amount of crash damage caused. For example if you reach $70 million worth of damage in the crash events you unlock a bus. It tells you about some of the goodies you can unlock while it's loading.

Comment

well i'll probably resort to downloading the savegame for it if i do decide to buy the uk version...but judging by how much i'm starting to like it, i may just pour a little more effort into it. i'm sure it'll be worth it

yes kill me if you want, or boot me out of your games, but i'm not the type to get that super duper car in pgr2 (dunno it's name) and start smacking into walls coz i can't handle it - i know my place

Comment

just wondering is it that good for me to buy it on xbox as i'm getting one but dont know which game to get with it so this may be it

Comment

This and... Halo

Comment

wonders if it'll have a two month xbox live trial ?

Comment

Ok apparently you can race against US/NTSC players as someone mentioned it worked on a local aussie forum... just finding out whether it has to be PAL50/60 set for it to work though.

I am of course guessing 60hz but stranger things have happened, EA might have optimised the PAL50 mode to work online in sync but we will see... I will post once I know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                  wonders if it'll have a two month xbox live trial ?
                  Yeah it does have a free 2 month Live trial.

Only played it for about 2 hours earlier(1 offline & 1 on) and strangely had more fun playing it offline. It has EA written all over it from the style of presentation to the less subtle adverts for other EA games e.g. NFS Underground 2 but I'm not going to hold that against it. When I first booted it up and heard The Ramones I thought "maybe the soundtrack won't be as bad as others said" but after hearing the rest I think I'll stick to custom soundtracks.

Initial impressions are very positive & I can't really find any major faults in terms of gameplay,wether it's a 10/10 game though remains to be seen.

Comment

I've got my copy from special reserve today. Despite big problems trying to join games in the lobbies with most not allowing you to join for no good reason, when you create your own game or use optimatch/quick game etc, it's fantastic fun. I just played the game with a group of guys who bought the game today or yesterday and we ended up playing for hours, it was really good fun. Really hilarious at times and definitely my favourite game-especially as I was very late to the party with all the over live games and jus gave up bothering to learn how to play.

Comment

So Special Reserve have broken the release date then? Think its wise me going in to town then hoping to get a copy?

Comment

Not sure about the actual stores-I ordered online and paid a little extra for quick postage and it was sent Tuesday and arrived today. I'm not so sure the stores will have broken the release date though..

Comment

I just got and love this game so far, but have a few issues:

1) I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but there is no manual transmission on this game.
                          2) There is no way to change the controller config.
                          3) I wished that there were more views, AND a rear view, and/or side mirrors. I prefer playing in the in-car, but it's very hard to judge where your opponents are when they are at your sides or coming up behind you.
                          4) Loading times are longer than BO2, but I'm sure it's because the game is huge. Plus, it'd be nice to skip through areas.
                          5) I kinda hoped that there was an option to skip the slo-mo sequence when you force an opponent to crash, although it's very enjoyable. Sometimes it may breaks the momentum of the game. In addition, you can lose sight of where you're going.

I'm guessing that there may be some more issues that arise, but the game has a lot more positive aspects than negatives.

Comment

You can turn the crash cam off in the options.

The loading times on the Xbox version are very short, around 5 seconds, I take it you're playing the PS2 version?

Comment

Yes, MonkeyWrench, I have the PS2 version. I own an XBOX but I purchased the PS2 version because I bought the Logitech Driving Force Pro steering wheel/pedals, and the game fully supports it. The load times are longer than BO2, especially noticeable when you restart a race. From my recollection, when you restarted a race in BO2, it would be almost instantaneous, w/no load screen. In BO3, a load up screen comes up after you chose to restart.

Thanks for the crash-cam tip--I'll try that later. Any manual transmission in the XBOX version?

Comment

I got the NTSC Xbox version today and I have to say that graphically it looks piss poor compared to Burnout 2. I'm sorely disappointed with the visuals and it's affecting what I think of the gameplay to be honest.

What is with all the aliasing? I had Burnout 2 on the GC and it looked really good compared to this textureless crap.
                                Last edited by npg; 09-09-2004, 07:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X