Paper Mario 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, maybe.
    Done it now though, walked it this time.

That huge, big moany grumble aside I've simply enjoyed the game immensely.
    These days for unbeknown reasons I tend to play a game for 10 or so hours and then move on. Not with Paper Mario.
    I've played from start to finish in a month or so and the game has constantly made me smile and want to go back. The fact it's held my attention despite the competition of new games I have is testament to it's quality.

Just really happy to have completed a sizeable game, didn't think I could anymore.

Comment

aye I do the same with RPGs, but am about 18 hours into Paper Mario in Twilight Place... well I'm jus outside that Spooky Spire thingy place. can't remember it's name

Comment

Some final stats upon my completion of the game:

Mario level 28
        Playtime 57:02
        HP 50
        FP 34
        BP 54

Tattle 110/124
        Badges 58/85
        Recipes 10/57

Until Live Pro Evo and DS time I reckon I'll try and complete the Pit of Trials, collect the last few shine sprites, try to complete Tattle and cook some more.
        Yay!

Quite liked the ending, reminded me of of all my favourite bits in the game. Thinking back, there really was so many stand out moments. Quality, quality game, glad the save lets you continue collecting upon completion.

BTW, what does that green Weasel at the dock do?
        Last edited by bowser123; 23-11-2004, 17:23.

Comment

The weasel who wants to get money from you?

Well he comes back at some point after you fork over a few hundred, when that happens he tells you about his adventure and gives you a share of his money.

Glad you completed it, I still have 3 badges to get now, I know where one is, dunno bout the rest. I have all the games in the parlour and 5 more tasks to complete from the message board. Oh, and I never tattled 2 of the enemies on the last 10 stages of the Pitt.

Comment

Aren't they in the bin, Taurus?
            Most enemies you don't tattle can be got from the Prof's office bin.
            If they're not in there then you must be devastated.

As for the Weasel I didn't give him any money I don't think, just spoke to him now and he has a huge 7 part story I haven't been following. Oh well. At least it was nothing cool like a badge or something from him.

What has been interesting to see is how everyones reaction has changed now that Mario is seen as a hero for what he did. Quite amazing they've gone to all that trouble of altering scripts now the game is done and dusted.

Comment

Doh! Forgot about that, check the bin! Bloody told Adam bout' the bin a week or two ago! Thanks for the reminder Bowser!

I agree on your 3rd point too, you don't see may games like this go into so much effort after the games completed. In fact there's people who pop up that only appear once the games completed

Comment

Aren't they in the bin, Taurus?
                Most enemies you don't tattle can be got from the Prof's office bin.
                If they're not in there then you must be devastated.
                Are ****, I wondered that for myself. Thanks fellas.

Loving the game, it's a laugh a minute. It really is!

Comment

I've just found the badge that lets you jump on spikey enemies - there's going to be spikey mo'fo pwnage from now on!

Comment

One of the three most important badges in the game imo.... jump away now my man
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I think I somehow managed to miss that one

Comment

Where do you get it - which chapter?

Comment

What has been interesting to see is how everyones reaction has changed now that Mario is seen as a hero for what he did. Quite amazing they've gone to all that trouble of altering scripts now the game is done and dusted.
                          Wow. Really? I still haven?t actually beaten the final boss yet. I've been trying to beat that blasted 100 floor challenge first. Also recently been a bit side-tracked (Halo 2, Echoes, Metal Gear Solid 3, Minish Cap ? review will be up soon by the way) so haven?t got round to leveling up as much as i would have hoped. But... now i think i might as well defeat the final boss and spend time enjoying what happens after ^_^

I suppose the main reason I didn?t finish was because... quite simply, i didn?t want it to end. Knowing i had something else to do kept the interest glowing. But now knowing there are STILL things to do (new people to talk to etc) i can gladly go and own the boss

Oh, and i second that Mr Mayhem sir. The Spikey badge is probably the most useful in the game ^_^

edit: Ah bugger, i cant remember where i got it from... erm...

I have a feeling it wasnt in a chapter as such, but is found whilst exploring. Is it the badge you get in the room with all the spikes which comes out of the ground? You can use your shadow partner (my god i've forgotten her name!) to get it, i think. So after chapter 4 - though i may be thinking of something completely different.. sorry
                          Last edited by Adam Stone; 25-11-2004, 15:02.
                          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob
                            Where do you get it - which chapter?
                            It's not in a chapter.... here be spoilers

On your way down to the 1000 year door there's a room you can enter by squeezing through some bars - on the floor there are spikes that pop up every few seconds. Use Vivian's veil ability to move through the area a bit at a time & the badge is in a chest at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                              Wow. Really?
                              Yes, they do change what they say after game completion
                              It's nothing major but it shows how much time and effort Intelligent Systems put in the making of Paper Mario. Made me smile, much in the same way the Ravens do and their banal chat.

As for the Spikey Badge, every one here is right. Use Vivians special on the right side of Rogueport sewers.

Comment

What sort of levels were you guys at when you were approaching the end of the game? I've just reached the moon & have 45HP, 35FP & 30BP - doesn't seem like enough :/

Comment

Working...
                                X