No announcement yet.

Paper Mario 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only just started playing this, and to be honest I didn't think much of it to begin with. I'm three hours in now though and am beggining to appreciate the little touches and depth it has to offer. The thing that stands out most is definately the humour.

Originally posted by Jason

When Nintendo (read Human Intelligence) do things right, there is nobody to top them! Still the best developer by far!!
    I'd agree with that, it's just a shame they don't do things right as often as they used to.

Comment

Onto Chapter 5 - great game - I echo Geoff D's comments about the backtracking in chapter 4 though - it stood out like a sore thumb and was mildly irritating. Back on track now, gonna wrap the helping quests in Rogueport next as I want my Pianta Parlour Membership Card.

Comment

40 hours to complete this game...I have played 2 so far. I haven't had any time to play since March. IF I managed to play 3 hours a week (and that'd be good for me) it would take me 13 weeks to complete! And that's without the other yet to complete and yet to buy titles I have!

At this rate I'll still be trying to go through my GC library when the Revolution 2 hits the stores!!! God knows how I am supposed to fit all this gaming in!

Comment

Finally finished this off last night.

The final battle(s) weren't especially difficult either. But for those of you who haven't finished this game, I recommend you get the Quick Change badge if you don't have it already. That's almost ESSENTIAL for the final boss...

The ending is very heartwarming. Also, for something that isn't meant to be a 'serious' RPG, I also found myself getting quite attached to my party.

There's still lots to do once you've finished the main game though (the game's only truly 'complete' once you've got everything there is to get). You save straight after and can go back to the Rogueport hub to visit the different worlds and get all the stuff you missed the first time round. I'll definitely dig this out again to try and find all the extras. And I NEED to do that damn pit of 100 trials.

Speaking of which, how far have you lot got into that? I got to about level 40-ish but got pwned by those annyoing thieves who kept stealing my badges and items and screwing with my setups! ft:

For others who've done the main game, did anyone else notice that

you don't get to see what the 'secret treasure' was all along? And what could be Goobella's secret?

All that seems to allude to the fact that there's more stuff to get...
          Last edited by Ady; 28-04-2005, 10:10.

Comment

Slightly off-topic here.

I would love to see Inteligent Systems make Metroid 5 for the GC or DS. Super Metroid is the best game they have made imo.

Comment

what or where is the quick change badge?
              im in the last area now and loved every second of this game. Does anyone else think the thousand year door has a massive penis on it :S

Comment

I'm playing this right now, I have all 7 stars, 45 hours through

uhm, I got stuck on bowser.. basically, I'm level 27 and have to level up more I guess

I can't be assed to do some of the troubles though so I'm just doing the 100 floor challenge for a bit to get stronger

I'm like 70HP (+5HP for a badge), 45FP, 20somethng BP

geh I can't see how 4year olds can finish this game. .. hard.

Comment

I finished this last night. Great game, loved every minute of it. Took me 34 hours, level 25. Didn't have any problems with Grodus or Bowser but I levelled up on badges more than anything else and used them to increase my health and fp instead. I'd agree the quick change badge is essential for the end battles, and the feeling fine badges too.

Comment

26 hours and finally completed it level 25ish i think. I didn't have the quick change badge and i can see why you need it. Used Bobbery and mario (using bomblast and then normal hammer attack followed by using the advanced sweet treat every time i had enough star power) loved the whole final battle and ending. Would like to see what happens to bowser after he dissapears when you beat him.

Very nearly died in the first shadow queen battle but managed to pull it out from the roulette wheel ^__^

anyway great game 9/10

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
                      I'm playing this right now, I have all 7 stars, 45 hours through

uhm, I got stuck on bowser.. basically, I'm level 27 and have to level up more I guess

I can't be assed to do some of the troubles though so I'm just doing the 100 floor challenge for a bit to get stronger

I'm like 70HP (+5HP for a badge), 45FP, 20somethng BP

geh I can't see how 4year olds can finish this game. .. hard.
                      High levels mean next to nothing in this game. You have to level up your BP and use the appropriate badges to help your other stats.

Bowser isn't hard, just don't use any special attacks whatsoever when fighting Grodus and you should be OK. Make sure you deal with that Magikoopa first.

Originally posted by FreelancePolice
                      Very nearly died in the first shadow queen battle but managed to pull it out from the roulette wheel ^__^
                      I hated that roulette wheel. Treacherous thing. ft:

Getting a good match was damn near impossible because it was so fast. There was no skill involved at all, it was all luck.

It also cheated because when it came to poison mushrooms, I seemed to land on those ALL THE TIME. I suspect it put more of those in the roulette just to trip you up.

Originally posted by Sun Lolly
                      I would love to see Inteligent Systems make Metroid 5 for the GC or DS. Super Metroid is the best game they have made imo.

As far as I'm aware, Intelligent Systems didn't make Super Metroid...
                      Last edited by Ady; 09-06-2005, 11:47.

Comment

it was all in the sound ady when it started clinking thats when you stop it i started getting them all the time towards the end

no ones answered my question about the 1000 year door, why does it look like a penis ?

best picture i could find of it but you can clearly see balls and the shaft wtf?!

Comment

Gumpei Yokoi made Super metroid, it was one of his greatest moments he and his team had at NCL after the great Game Boy imo.

It was a completely in house Nintendo project, and not made anywhere near Intelligent systems.

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice
                            it was all in the sound ady when it started clinking thats when you stop it i started getting them all the time towards the end
                            Yeah, I hear you, I tried using audio cues, but even then it was still pretty hit and miss (mostly miss).

And yeah, I did wonder about the penis door thing as well...

Comment

I've just got this game and have just started Chapter 3. I'm really impressed. Never played Paper Mario on the N64 and didn't really think much of Super Mario RPG or Mario & Luigi.

But the art design, the writing and even the battling system are all top notch here. Hope the rest of the game will be as good as what I've played so far.

Comment

I bought this one a few months back, and I must say it's one of the hardest games I've ever played, but then again, I'm not really used to the basics of RPGs. I've not gotten very far (I'm currently trying to complete that first castle with the dragon) but I keep on getting killed by them flying koopas all the time. I guess I need to brush up on my tactics.
                                I haven't got the time for this kind of game right now, so I think I'll pick it up again in a few months.

Can't see how any of you non-japanese yankies (and europeans maybe) can play the JAP version of this one; you NEED to understand what's written to be able to progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X