No announcement yet.

Paper Mario 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that bit where you have to jump out the window is a bit sneaky and easy to miss

Comment

Jumping out the window? How sick is that. Sneaky Nintendo.

Comment

Anybody else picked this up recently?

I now have 4 people in my party. Not too sure what the purpose of the "Big Mama" Is though.

Comment

the big ghost woman is excellent for discovering secrets, but i dont like iher in battles much.

i've now done chapter 3. which was pretty boring really, and am now stuck on chapter 4
          if anyone (kubrick?) can help, its at the bit where

SPOILER..(kind of)
          in the ghost house, i freed the ghosts from a box, and have gone down the well, but cant get past a door that i can push uphill....hopefully i dont have to go all the way back to the village
          Last edited by Fuddle; 30-07-2004, 17:06.

Comment

It's still sitting on my shelf - sealed.

Third Strike has been hogging the TV when I've had the opportunity to get some gaming in.

Comment

007/Fuddle, sounds like you guys are ahead of me now, so I can't help. I've not been able to play it for a few days.

Comment

i got my copy just today and it looks as if i won't be able to play it for some time. it doesn't work on my pal cube with a freeloader (ver. 1.04). according to ncsx there's no chance to get it running on a pal cube using either freeloader or action replay. true?

Comment

oh well, guess i'll have to figure that one out by myself...no doubt it will be something simple that i've overlooked.

kid_s.......from what i heard, thats true...it wont work with freeloader or action replay... but i cant test that.

Comment

well i've now finished chapter 5, which was pretty cool...loads of puzzles featuring all the skills aquired so far.
                    the boss at the end was actually a little tricky too, although still not half as difficult as the very first one, which i find a little strange.

but once again, i now find myself stuck, on what will no doubt be a very simple puzzle which i just dont understand right now. i'm contoling peach, mixing some kind of formulae, so i hope somebody else gets to that bit soon and can enlighten me.

Comment

Hope the US version will work on my PAL cube when it comes... Otherwise, no reason to live.

Comment

FINISHED

33 hours...27 minutes

great game, really had a lot of the classic mario magic in it.
                        the last level inparticular had some really nice little puzzles, which meant switching between various partners in order to progress, and many of which could have been dealt with in more than one way.

strangely, the first boss is the only one that i had any real trouble with...having to go out and level up a few times, and then having more than a few tries at.
                        the last boss is particularly great though. SPOILER...princess peach!!...END

nothing too taxing to get through playing in japanese, the train ride bit being the most tricky, but i reckon it'll be extremely easy in english. I wouldn't be surprised if you could do it in 20 hours or so.

Comment

our review of Paper Mario 2 has gone up now:

Comment

I have finished chapter 3 and im now stuck on getting to chapter 4.

I have taken the 3rd star stone to the 1000 year door and it has maked Gloomy village on my map.

I have been down the grate in the west area of hoodlum town and have found the brown pipe to gloomy village but it keeps spitting me back out.

Supposedly im looking for someone called Kuragarai in hoodlum town but i have talked to everyone in the town and nobody is helping.

so how go i get myself named so i can enter the brown pipe???
                            Last edited by importaku; 28-08-2004, 15:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
                              oh well, guess i'll have to figure that one out by myself...no doubt it will be something simple that i've overlooked.

kid_s.......from what i heard, thats true...it wont work with freeloader or action replay... but i cant test that.
                              What about Freeloader 1.06b?

Comment

i think i know the bit importaku, do you know the house with the star on it where you can upgrade your partners? to the left of that is a wall which you can walk through(you cant see from a distance but when you get near it you will see what i mean), theres a little weird looking shadow type kid who speaks to you then you can proceed to world 4

hope you understood that ramble and i hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                                X