Rainbox Six Three - Black Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martTM
    This is the import US version we're talking about... right? PAL's not due out for another two weeks...
    You'd better get it, you bumma. And fast. I've been mixed up in other nonsense like people joining together in holy matrimony. Three days I've been away at a wedding. Three days. So I forgot the final retail version of Black Arrow was due. Until I saw this thread. That was about an hour ago.

I'm just back from the store.

So get it. I wanna play. I'll look after you.

Comment

Originally posted by martTM
      This is the import US version we're talking about... right? PAL's not due out for another two weeks...
      yes US version was out last week, but its multi-region, i.e. the US disc plays in a PAL console.

Comment

aiming was diabolical on rs3, the bitmapping was ****e.

not just at close range
        i have had gunfights where i've been still burst firing at someone's head and.................nothing

1 meter away and you come away with a full bar of life after an entire magazine has been offloaded into your face!!?? come on!

mind you it was still a ****ing addictive online game..................well until scpt came along

Comment

Originally posted by geekwiglasses
          1 meter away and you come away with a full bar of life after an entire magazine has been offloaded into your face!!?? come on!
          I am assuming this is often down to British "broad"band. Because that's never happened to me. I know the collision on it's a bit wonky, and I don't particularly like the backwards reticule system, but on anything but the laggiest of lag afflicted lag servers running on the lag.net system in Lagsville, Lagsiana, I can't imagine a full clip in someone's face doing anything other than killing them. Immediately. Even a TMP or SR-2 would do that.

Or you're just not as good a shot as you think you are. *FRIENDLYJESTEMOTICON*

Anyway. A while back, the press release for Black Arrow said "new weapons." I can find ONE. What the dilly?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
            yes US version was out last week, but its multi-region, i.e. the US disc plays in a PAL console.
            can you go on live with the us disc?

I have come across a *cough*boot*cough* at my local market but i cant go online until my Pal copy arrives next week.

If i could be playing online with a US version on my Pal Xbox now then i will buy an import of the us version.

Comment

Ditto what was said above and where did you buy your version from Neil?

Comment

yeah US disk on unmodded PAL Xbox and works on LIVE?

Comment

anyone?

Neil?

Comment

I think this has already been answered? It's multi region, so yes.

Comment

Anyone finish the Campaign mode yet? That's all I'm really doing at the moment, until all the UK folks on my friends list pick it up on the 20th.

I'm on about level 6 of the 10 available. Liked the nuclear power plant best so far. Is that a good one on Live?

Comment

Originally posted by the shape
                        Anyone finish the Campaign mode yet? That's all I'm really doing at the moment, until all the UK folks on my friends list pick it up on the 20th.

I'm on about level 6 of the 10 available. Liked the nuclear power plant best so far. Is that a good one on Live?
                        Nah ive only just finnished the second Level - Cannes. I have only put in about 20 mins worth of playtime into the single player campaign mode though. Loving the new single player maps and the improved AI. Im trying my hand at veteran first but it seems pretty easy as long as you take your time.

I also had a look at the multiplayer maps with my system link cable as cant go on LIVE yet! and apart from the very bland Ferry Boat they are all quite impressive. The are on the whole much bigger than the original R63 maps but i think alot of them kind of look the same. Moroocan Kasbar, Cafe, Back alley are all far too similar.

That being said i cant wait to play this on Live with my friends as we have well and truley kicked the arse out of the first game. Roll on next week!!

Comment

Yeah im really looking forward to this too. I never bought the first RS3 on the xbox since i was having a fps overload back when it was out. Im regretting that decision now.

Comment

Originally posted by tigger
                            Nah ive only just finnished the second Level - Cannes. I have only put in about 20 mins worth of playtime into the single player campaign mode though. Loving the new single player maps and the improved AI. Im trying my hand at veteran first but it seems pretty easy as long as you take your time.
                            That's what I thought. But Ruins (the aforementioned Level 6) is a total bitch! You only get Price in your team, so you're starting at a disadvantage, plus it's all winding and enclosed passageways of death, interspersed with brief openings where there can be goons at several unexpected vertical levels. Most of this in night vision. Every time I get a little further, I'm bricking it.

I also had a look at the multiplayer maps with my system link cable as cant go on LIVE yet! and apart from the very bland Ferry Boat they are all quite impressive.
                            I'll need to pull a similar trick to wander around the new maps on my own like a saddo. I'll start a game on Live with only friend slots that nobody on my list can yet fill, and have a poke about. Is there a churchy one? The church level in the Campaign game just screamed "Capture the Flag" to me. A bit more CounterStrikey than the usual Rainbow maps.

That being said i cant wait to play this on Live with my friends as we have well and truley kicked the arse out of the first game. Roll on next week!!
                            Amen. Although, when I really thought we'd squeezed the last kilo-joule of fun out of the original RSix3, I was invited over to the old game a couple of nights ago from Black Arrow because, as I mentioned, my peeps ain't got it yet. We ended up playing Predator, my first time doing so, and it was all new again. Everyone was swinging rapidly between hysterics and crushing paranoia. I don't know who comes up with these ideas, but bless 'em.

I've noticed a PGR2-type scoring system that uploads to the server when playing the single-player missions. It's not ELO: you can score in the tens or hundreds of thousands. Anyone know how this works yet? It's not obvious what you're being scored on. I can get all my men out alive, use one or no saves, and still not get a decent score compared to the pros. I wonder which criteria it's scoring.

Comment

Shape, whats Predator?

Comment

Yes its multiregion and I got mine from www.videogamesplus.ca [please remember to mention www.ntsc-uk.com when you purchase from them it helps the site, and yes the US disc works in a PAL console and works on Live.

Note that your live connection is multi region and you can take your "Pal" live account and play it anywhere in the world. I have the same live account on both my PAL and NTSC Xbox. So any multiregion game works on any console with live.

Neil.
                                Last edited by NeilMcRae; 12-08-2004, 19:29. Reason: live q's

Comment

Working...
                                X