KoF: Maximum Impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOT BAD.....Not bad at all

Having only played KOF94 and KOF98 on my AES and KOF96 & KOF2003 in arcades i think this game is....................REFRESHING!!!!!!

What i mean is that it is indeed KOF with the easy learning curve and then you get to the last boss and realise after 20 mins of endless continues all the hard bastard needs is you to crouch block and sweep kick......ahh OLD SKOOL.

The package pleased this AES Owner as like all neo stuff (nearly all) the packaging is rather nice with slip case dvd and a weird lolly pop/fan thingy that came from play asia. Anyway completed with bogard and ryo and now onto the other characters.

oh when you caomplete it go into profile mode and look at the rigging models they are so great and you can play them in the game. bogard has a Wolf mask and a tail its TITS.

Peace out

Ringo

Comment

Just got home for dinner, had a quick play as my review copy arrived this morning.

Will post more about it later, but initial impressions show something quite....'different', which is all I'll say at this point

Comment

I fancy a play on this at the meet so that I can either slag it or bag it.

Comment

Right, spent an hour on this tonight, first impressions:

Well, SNKP have definately got some work to do in terms of originality. I got to the stage on the roof, with the helicopters flying around, and thought...Hmmmm, are Sega's lawyers watching here? Also, the music when you win a round is exactly the same as the music when you win a round in Naruto Gekitou Ninjyataisen...

Gameplay wise, it's a fun game, if not terribly solid. Low sweeps are a bit too easy to land when you're in trouble - much like the cheeky low punche's in VF4. However, the main greatness in it is the ability to exploit the system to the max. With Terry I was very quickly doing PPP into 623K to lay down some serious damage. It's fantastic when you get an opponent close to the wall and lay down some serious combo's. I don't see how people don't like the easy combo system, it's not like you can go straight into 200-hit combos, I found it hard in the challenge mode to get to a 4-hit combo with Kyo.

I haven't had the chance to play this in multiplayer mode yet, so it's Story mode for me. I got to Duke once...managed to take a single round then he absolutely DESTROYED me :S

Comment

This pisses me off..once again, this forum has sent my IE crashing when I tried to post.

Comment

I think that's more an issue with your browser, it's fine here :P

Then again, I dont use IE...

Comment

my browser never acts up on other boards...plus..it only happens when i log in here....giving me da ****s

Comment

ALL HAIL OPERA

^0^

Comment

i kinda like it but need to give it a few more goes. it's nice and basic for me, who isn't too hot at kof as it is, and it's more rival schools than streetfighter ex (in that it's damn quick in 3D, and i like the 2D->3D transition, whereas i hate sf ex)

i find all the moves come out much easier than they do with the 2D kof.

however, this week at work i managed to get two neogeos working (one jap and one uk), and we also have a kof2000 cart there and i've been playing it quite a bit, and it's persuaded me to give the kof series another chance. it's shame we don't have a kof96 cart

Comment

Boss game basically- loads of fun, a refreshing break from the rehash KoF bull**** of recent years, and a cheap-as-**** last boss. What more do you want? **** all the dudes moaning about the chain combos- they're the 2D zealots who haven't even played it yet. It's not perfect by any means but it's something NEW from Playmore. The game feels loose and a bit easy somehow but it's definitely good fun and does the job graphics-wise. And all the chain combos are actually fun to learn and there are loads of possibilities when you suss them. Definitely a step in the right direction for Playmore. Variety is good. This is why the first atomiswave game was ****- they've been spending their time on this. Battle Colliseum looks the bollocks though...

Comment

Sorry to ressurect the thread, but I got this yesterday as I spotted it for 9.99 in GAME near me. My thoughts? Well, it reminds me of Wild Ambition, the Street Fighter EX games, and even a bit of Rival Schools - it is suitably quick, easy to pick up, and I like some of the designs (the new characters are great, am loving the Garou Terry in 3D, nice to see Rock in there). I was able to instantly chain together combos with Terry, Rock and Iori within minutes, and the front end and intros are very well done.

My major gripes? There is the abysmal voice acting. Even though he is supposed to be American, it is weird hearing Terry speak with an American accent. And don't even get me started on the compere bloke, who manages to both suck and blow at the same time. I was a little disappointed with a few of the missing characters. Doesn't seem right playing a KOF with no Bob Garcia, for example. But my biggest problem of all? The sickening cheapness of final boss, Duke. Now in previous KOFs and even the FF games, the bosses can be cheap. But a permanent MAX gauge? And the ability to execute a juggle combo repeatedly from which it is impossible to escape? After the relatively easy, intuitive earlier rounds, Duke even manages to out-cheap the bosses in SVC Chaos, and that is saying something.

Other than those few gripes though, well worth picking up at budget price. And am looking forward to trying the two player mode over the weekend.

Comment

i suppose i only have a couple of problems with this game

It just does not feel like a kof game with out the teamplay and the huge amount of characters
                          The combo system while fun really needs some restricting making it more skill based and harder to do juggles
                          Needs better balancing of the characters some are just to good

Comment

Working...
                          X