No announcement yet.

Phantom Brave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onto chapter 13 now, so there can't be far to go. I've discovered a way to level quite quickly, but it does start to take the challenge out of the story mode; were it not for the turn limit it would be too easy. I'd advise not to get to high too quickly. Mind, it wouldn't have help that much on Map 8.1.

Comment

Marona is Lvl 10 now. Just about to start Chapter 4. Managed to get the Titlist at the first attempt on the map with the Manticore. Visited 4 floors of a 6 floor dungeon from the Monk. I could probably have survived the other two floors, but there were some inaccessible (as far as I could see) enemies on floor 4. Up to over 8 hours so far.

There are 20 Chapters plus the sidequests which become available when the game is complete (I think).

Comment

Finished the game this morning, it took just under 38 1/2 hours to wrap up. The ending wasn't brilliant, but it wasn't too bad. I finished with Ash on lvl 105 and Morona on 63.

Edit - Oh, should add that I spent 11pm to 7am playing it to finish the game. Got a couple of hours shut eye and then went after the bonus levels. I was presently surprised at what they were, needless to say I'm not going to spoil it, but I think you'll enjoy them when you reach them.

Expect to see the review on site very soon.
        Last edited by MartyG; 11-09-2004, 13:19.

Comment

Ive enjoyed reading the impressions.

This is sitting on my shelf and Im sure Im going to enjoy it as much as I did Disgaea but I have to really be in the mood for a SRPG - and know that Im going to have the time to really get my teeth stuck into it so it may be a while yet.

Still,in anticipation I just ordered the strategy guide from here (also a free ten page sample and art to download) :

I loved their Disgaea guide and I admire Doublejump in general - their forum was a brilliant asset when ploughing through Disgaea and the communication there between the guide users and the authors is wonderful.Each guide really is a labour of love for them - and they approached this one with such remarkable dedication and enthusiasm I cant help but admire them.

Anyway,by the time I get around to playing this this thread may well be deceased so have fun and please post more impressions!

EDIT:I might as well add for those who see this and havent finished or played Disgaea yet but may do so,that you can get a free PDF version of the complete Disgaea guide at the above link also
          Last edited by Guest; 12-09-2004, 23:48.

Comment

I pre-ordered my guide from Doublejump. I am a member of their Forum.

I am up to 22 hours on PB so far and am on Episode 7 I think. At that rate I ought to get to at least 60 Hours. I've only done two Random Dungeons so far as well.

Marona is Lvl 27, Poe (healer) is Lvl 15 and Ash is Lvl 13. Marona is so high because I was levelling up all my characters and of course Marona has to tag along. That plus her level makes some maps simpler to do solo!! Then... more levels for Marona. She is using a Lvl 15 Weed (I have added enough weeds with Fusion to increase the maximum at the moment to I think Lvl 19). Some pretty good attacks there. One Fire attack made a serious dent in one enemies health.

Don't let your healer remain dead at the end of a map (I did). It was a nightmare to get here back (create new healer, offer item to get here restored and the final step which I presume I needed to make which was to Summon her). I gave up and redid the level with just Marona - the first one in "The Rainbow Bird" Chapter. With Marona's current speed she gets about 4 attacks at a time which is extremely useful. I'll maybe "lose" the healer again just to check out the summon works!

Comment

My copy finally arrived but I wont get much chance to play it until the weekend so no spoilers plz .

Never had to wait so long for something from DVDBO, I was hoping it would have been here last weekend :/

Comment

I got mine from VG+. Must have been quicker. Just about to start Episode 8. No problems so far, most likely due to Marona's high(ish) level... Around Lvl 43 so far with Ash on Lvl 21. Given the right enemy weaknesses Marona can get a 500+ hit.

Comment

I am gona try to play this today but I pciked up FFX-2 last week and I promised the girls I would spend some QT with them

Comment

Up to Episode 18 now and the Wraith (6000 HP) is proving very trouble some. My Witch (levelled in the high 80's) has INT of 2500+ so can provide big hits, but is vulnerable. Marona is Lvl 110+ and "died" very quickly. I was left with my Lvl 50 or so Putty which needless to say did not have much hope of surviving. Ash has a decent amount of hit power but is relatively low levelled. I need more levels. I am admittedly making a strong healer in the hope that I can survive. Marona and the Wtch are "equpped" with "Revive".

I managed to run out of space for spells on Marona and can't add any more. Needless to say she has way too many to make use of. Same with the Witch though there is room for improvement. I am currently working on the putty in that respect. At least the putty has a 100% "Obtain".

I managed to inadvertantly "kill" the "Wisp" ("Whisp") on Phantom Island. Fortunately he was revived the next time I returned to the Island.

Had huge problems getting the Bottlemail (mine was named Galadriel) on Phantom Island. Eventually obtained it by utilising about 10 items!!

Comment

I started playing this yesterday, and while I am enjoying it, it's not sucking me in the way Disgaea did.

I was just wondering, when is a good time to started using the Fusionist? I'm about 5 hours in and I can barely grasp the concept of what the Fusionist does. Any tips would be great.

Comment

The Fusionist allows characters and items to be combined so that they can gain new abilities and increase stats. It also raises the maximum level a character or object can be. There's not really any start point at when using the fusionist makes sense, just when you have some items/characters you want to improve.

You might find this forum useful, it's the peeps who do the strategy guide for the game.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 29-11-2004, 14:21.

Comment

So the PAL version's out. Has anybody got it yet? How's the conversion - same standard as PAL Disgaea?

Comment

I haven't got it to check but I'm pretty sure full screen 50Hz ie just like Disgaea

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog
                              I haven't got it to check but I'm pretty sure full screen 50Hz ie just like Disgaea
                              I hope it's not a blue disc. My ps2 doesn't like them anymore. It's frustrating when it takes 20 minutes to load up Disgaea... But I ordered Phantom Brave, hopefully I will have it next week.

Comment

Looking at my promo copy in my bag (which incidentally came sealed as a new game AND it came with a bonus soundtrack CD too), it's a blue-disc I'm afraid mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X