No announcement yet.

Outrun2 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's great in RSC2 where you can turn collision off then it's just all of you against the clock, no worries about ramming etc.

Comment

Heh heh heh

/me goes into game

"hi i heard if you preorder outrun2 you get a free demo disk?"

Manager "yes"

me "ok i'll preorder one then"

fill out name and telphone number, gets disc handed to him....

me "is that it?"

Manager "yes mate cheers"

cheers indeed

demos for free from game? Whatever next.....

Comment

weird, i didnt fill in any form...i just bought it like normal.
        doesnt matter though, its well worth it.
        judging by the folk i've seen online, its only people from this forum that actually got it.

Comment

Same here.

Went in and asked, handed my ?3 over and left the store happy.

Comment

Hodge you're completely misunderstanding my complaint. I'm not an idiot, I'm fully aware that in an online racing game, being bumped into by an opponent is gonna happen.

I have no problems with that.

My issue is with having an opponent bumping into me from behind and for MY speed to be penalised whilst he gets away without any penalty whatsoever.

Comment

just got it from game in watford (their last copy apparently. phew!) and had a quick go. little bro's on it too and i'm gonna try it on live in a little while. see you all there!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                it might also be 720p need to confirm this tho
                OMG! What makes you say that? You've got me all excited now.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                  Hodge you're completely misunderstanding my complaint. I'm not an idiot, I'm fully aware that in an online racing game, being bumped into by an opponent is gonna happen.

I have no problems with that.

My issue is with having an opponent bumping into me from behind and for MY speed to be penalised whilst he gets away without any penalty whatsoever.
                  Was doing abit of testing this morning with a couple of others and xboks found that the collision is alot better with catch up of. After testing it i`m inclined to agree. Try it and see. The player having the advantage behind you is probably down to him being faster cause of the catch up being on so he won`t get punished the same perhaps?
                  Last edited by Hodge; 04-09-2004, 12:46.

Comment

popped up town earlier and brought the demo and a live kit (why is it cheaper to buy a live kit with PGR2 than a live kit on its own

havnt tried 1 player yet, went straight online seems real good fun, i cannot get used to the steering yet after playing the arcade, i keep oversteering when coming out of a slide.

first game and a name from here pops up (fuddle).

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge
                      Was doing abit of testing this morning with a couple of others and xboks found that the collision is alot better with catch up of. After testing it i`m inclined to agree. Try it and see. The player having the advantage behind you is probably down to him being faster cause of the catch up being on so he won`t get punished the same perhaps?
                      Very good point and Catch Up has never been my favourite option in arcade racers. Hopefully when the full game is released and more game options become available I can be more choosy in not joining races with Catch Up on.

Oh and Ion I was exactly the same with the steering. you do get used to it after a short time and whilst I still don't find it directly comparable, my opinion of the control system is much better than last night.

Comment

Right just got back from game... and if anyone is headding to the hanley branch, dont bother .. i had the last one.

This is the first time i have played teh all new Outrun.. and its blown me away, they have GOT and brought back everything that was great about outrun.... super smooth, fast, sunny drifting driving action....

Just need the full game now

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                          Hopefully when the full game is released and more game options become available I can be more choosy in not joining races with Catch Up on.
                          You can filter Optimatch searches for this on the demo, infact it's the only option.

Most people seem to be playing with it on, mind :/

Comment

Picked mine up today, and just gave the single-player a brief whirl... I don't have Live, unfortunately. Looks absolutely beautiful, and it's pretty immediate - I can already feel it nagging at me whilst I type... "just one more go! just one more go!" Not sure where on Earth I'll find the money for the full thing (when's it out again?) but it'd be nice to have a racer for the XBox, something a little more mellow than Burnout 3 . PGR2 didn't appeal to me, and Forza doesn't so much - I want something more arcadey, but with the depth there if you look for it. Seems Outrun 2 might deliver. /thumbs up

Comment

I would have gladly paid ?40 for this demo tbfh. It is sensational.

I was the first person in my GAME to pre order Outrun 2 (the mall at cribbs causeway, bristol). They should be widely available in most stores.

Comment

Best bit about Xbox Outrun 2...

They left the moonwalking starter flag guy in! Brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                                X