No announcement yet.

Outrun2 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this from Aylesbury Game this morning (I think I was the 2nd person to get 1 so I'm sure there are plenty left) - wasn't expecting to like it all that much having had a brief go in the arcades but I'm loving it. Still no good at it but I'm improving - hopefully I'll start to be able to keep up with you guys. It's so addictive and drifting is wonderful - unfortunately its rarely the best thing to do.

Comment

Destrukticor you bast. You could have got me one. Sigh.

Comment

OutRun 2 r()XX0rZ my BoXX()rz.... quite frankly. I wasn't expecting it to be good. Shocker. I don't have an Xbox, this might just make me shell out.

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats
          I would have gladly paid ?40 for this demo tbfh. It is sensational.

I was the first person in my GAME to pre order Outrun 2 (the mall at cribbs causeway, bristol). They should be widely available in most stores.
          They didn't even have a pre-order sheet for it at mine. Luckily, one of the employees there knew what I was talking about though when I mentioned the demo.
          Last edited by Concept; 04-09-2004, 15:29.

Comment

right lads. let's start turning off catch-up in the matches, eh?

that should sort out the issue, but for me, the insane speed at which the other cars were jumping from one side of the track to another, then behind me and in front, due to super lag, would really put me off.

i can't wait to play it against you lot (get yer names on the online thread, k?) as i'm sure it'll be much nicer.

btw has anyone got an xbox steering wheel? have they tried it? the inlay card for my demo states wheel compatibility.

i'm interested in the thrustmaster 360 modena wheel (read a review of the force-feedback one which said it's awful so aiming for the standard one. also due to money limitations ), and read reviews of the lotus one and the saitek one...

oh my upload is a relatively smooth 300k and i'm gonna stick my xbox in my router's demilitarised zone (sounds painful eh?) so that should help with any lag problems i may experience

Comment

Originally posted by Ravon
              Right just got back from game... and if anyone is headding to the hanley branch, dont bother .. i had the last one.

This is the first time i have played teh all new Outrun.. and its blown me away, they have GOT and brought back everything that was great about outrun.... super smooth, fast, sunny drifting driving action....

Just need the full game now
              I was lucky then my sis text me at 12pm saying she'd got me one whilst i was at work, that must of been one of the last as well then

Comment

Somebody confirm 720p. My plasma is drooling tbfh

Comment

I got it and tried it out on my US XBOX and it work (No region coding)

Comment

Bunch of basts, theres no such demo in the States that I know of

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats
                      I would have gladly paid ?40 for this demo tbfh. It is sensational.
                      Now, let's not get carried away. Because let's face it - if you really would have paid ?40 for three stages of the easy course, you clearly don't know the value of money.

Comment

Played this at the meet and loved it. Finished the demo on my second go though. It's whetted my appetite for the final game, I really, really can't wait for it to come out now.

Loved putting it in first person view and bussing a massive slide on the first sweeping left hander - you can see all the way across the bay! :O

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrical Donut
                          You can filter Optimatch searches for this on the demo, infact it's the only option.

Most people seem to be playing with it on, mind :/
                          Yes I know, but my point was that when the full game is released there will be more choice when joining races. At the moment I'm lucky if there are 2 races being hosted to join so I am stuck with Catch Up on if the one possible race has it.

Comment

Originally posted by martTM
                            Now, let's not get carried away. Because let's face it - if you really would have paid ?40 for three stages of the easy course, you clearly don't know the value of money.
                            No, seriously! The fact that there is another bigger version of outrun 2 is just a bonus. ^_^

Comment

Picked up one of these demo disks today, haven't played it yet though, think I am going to need to re invest in a Live subscription pretty soon, as I want to play stuff like OR2 and PES4 online.
                              The disk does seem like a bargain for ?3 though

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls
                                Somebody confirm 720p. My plasma is drooling tbfh
                                No 720p. Boo! But no biggie. Same prog scan arcade res.

Comment

Working...
                                X