Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saurian
    OMG THERE HE IS!!!111 THE ONLY PERSON WHO ACTUALLY WANTS OUTBREAK!!!!11

- Apparently there was someone who bought Zone Of The Enders for the game and not the MGS demo, I think it's just some silly rumour tho :P
    I think that person was possibly me ; ) Trying to pretend i did not just read about a demo of DMC3

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
      devil-worshipping grundge-rock stuff
      Isn't the music well suited then? I'm not saying it's great, but the styling is correct for this game. I suspect it's more a case of 'good idea gone a bit wayward'.

Dante is back to his old self more or less. In fact, maybe better.

Comment

It probably is Yashiro, but I dont recall hearing music so bad in a game for a long while, its even worse than the default Burnout 3 music. So much so that its a factor which is reducing my enjoyment of the game as a whole, usually the best examples of music in a game is where you dont notice it because it fits in so well, this is almost offensive. Im sure some people will like it though.

Comment

I hope this appalling sounding music isn't in the full game. Even the original game never had great music (the techno air-raid-siren rock guff got boring after the 40th time of playing). I'll look at the vids today.

I'm not sure I like the sound of this "picking a fighting style before you start" business. One of the best things about DMC1 was the ability to quickly switch between sword/ air/ lightning moves to ground based, hand-to-hand fire attacks - both of which could be effortlessly blended with guns. How well does it work?

Comment

From the vids the music is more of the same, tecno rock... i dont mind it .. fast and furious like that action i guess.

Nothing is as bad as EA's musical taste... that realy is trailer park skater punk ****.. and the DJ in BO3 Gargh!!! what a Tw@t
            Last edited by Ravon; 08-09-2004, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
              I'm not sure I like the sound of this "picking a fighting style before you start" business.
              There are basic trick, gun and sword moves which you always have, regardless of the style you've chosen. All the styles do is augment the basic skills you already have, so you can still do all the mixed up combos from DMC1.

Comment

Special moves, such as the Million Stab, are tied to your current combo rank. The Million Stab, from my my experience, has only been busted out whilst in Stylish/Showtime status (Sweet isn't enough). No doubt this is how the 'foot on head, cap in yo' ass' move is also performed.

Million Stab - perform stinger in 'S' status and then mash triangle
                Last edited by Izayoi; 08-09-2004, 14:33.

Comment

The fight tunes from the demo are here for a short while if you want a listen.

Comment

Apparently, in the finished game, you'll be able to change style during missions at the Time Statues.

Demo plays great, I really get the feel of the original back. The close range-combat, the tough as nails bosses (took me 4 or 5 tries to beat Fido), taunting Dante. Should be cool.

Comment

OMFG Capcom have SMACKED IT!!11

I dont understand what they are smoking up in there but dont stop!

I dont even know where to start serious - after an all night ting manz still dont know how to put the system into words, it's like water you can do whatever you want. This game's got NUFF 'ologies in it man - as soon as I picked up the pad and hit /\ I see the 'ologies! That's why DMC2 is so ****ing **** - NO 'OLOGIES!

Special moves, such as the Million Stab, are tied to your current combo rank. The Million Stab, from my my experience, has only been busted out whilst in Stylish/Showtime status (Sweet isn't enough). No doubt this is how the 'foot on head, cap in yo' ass' move is also performed.
                      No blud - you can do those moves ANYTIME! Man - if I start I'm gonna have to go on long about it and I cant cos my brain is still in SHOWTIME! >_<

Million Stab is performed different, you dont simply hammer the button - sword attacks can be cancelled, rapid button presses for moves like Million Stab dont have to be input all at once. You can put a few into the first slash, cancel with O, cancel into /\ on a just frame - pause for a sec....../\ again for a double slash, buffer in more rapid taps - Stinger - rapid taps then activate Million Stab. That's one way to do it, but you can cancel into uppercut > Aerial Rave > Downward slash and on the just frame Stinger > Million Stab! Because you've buffered enough rapid taps to activate once you can activate off the Million Stab another Million Stab - release R1 at the right time and you can instantly switch direction too. I guess the absolute EASIEST way to get it is (swordmaster style): Slash > O > Slash - pause > Slash (start rapid tapping) now cancel the following Slash into Stinger while still tapping slash and you'll get Million Stab (which can be repeated from now on)

To surf an enemy is STANDARD! You buss a knockdown move and jump onto the enemy from the opposite side you want to travel - then you hit [] to spin and fire or X to jump off. It's easy if you set it all up - you know the range of his slashes and the time it takes for the enemies to fall flat so just jump in at the right time using a short jump, or if you have to re-position; lock-on roll around the enemy then short jump.

WHY'S HE SUCH A PIMP!!!1 T_T

I'm not sure I like the sound of this "picking a fighting style before you start" business. One of the best things about DMC1 was the ability to quickly switch between sword/ air/ lightning moves to ground based, hand-to-hand fire attacks - both of which could be effortlessly blended with guns. How well does it work?
                      Does it work? It renders even DMC1 unplayable, you go on like it's a limitation! You have no idea how insanely, ridiculously sick Dante is in this game. He's got the same base in all styles but in each one an ability is powered further than the rest. Like in Gunslinger you have more control and options with the guns over everything else, in swordmaster the same applies to sword, Trickster applies it to Jump and evade but he's still got LOADS more options and setups than fully loaded DMC1 Dante in each style as standard (and this is before he's even bought anything! )
                      Last edited by Saurian; 09-09-2004, 10:12.

Comment

It's so ****ing artistic aswell!! >_<

My head blew up when them enemies proper got DIED and their burning bodies form a '3' - they're sick with it!

My bredrin's still blowing up over it, manz was bussing this up all night stayed and repeated the very first room until time to go to work - when games get you sending emails like this back n forth- it's SPECIAL!!

Originally posted by Viewtiful Lionheart re: surf setups
                        get the emenies in a bunch a little perswation needed no bother
                        preferable use the Con Lonis Tech Mark 1# WHICH CONSISTIS OF SLASH
                        SHOOT UPPER CUT L3 THEN CON LONIS TECH MARK 7# UPPER BACK STEP
                        UPPERBACK STEP THEN MARK #.0 WHICH IS SLASH WAIT HALF A SECOND THEN SLASH
                        UPPER THEN STINGER ONE ENEMY HE FLIES AWAY GILDE STEP SHOOT GLIDE UPPER THEN
                        SHOOT HIM ON THE FLOOR TILL YOUR FACING THE ENIMIES THAT YOU CLOBBERED THEY
                        ARE GETING UPP NOW JUMP UP STRAIGHT UP THE THEN HOLD FORWORD BUT DONT SHOT
                        SURF INTO THEM KNOCKING THEM DOWN TINGSED
                        Last edited by Saurian; 09-09-2004, 10:39.

Comment

It's so ****ing artistic aswell!! >_<

My head blew up when them enemies proper got DIED and their burning bodies form a '3' - they're sick with it!

My bredrin's still blowing up over it, manz was bussing this up all night stayed and repeated the very first room until time to go to work - when games get you sending emails like this back n forth- it's SPECIAL!!
                          Wait till you play the final version!

Comment

Blud I'm a mess - I cant possibly do any work today! I wanna go home and study Dantology! >_< I've got heads emailing me setups and combos to rub it in ft:

That first room alone - offers better quality kickoff than the whole of the rest of the series, how can a single room be sicker that the courtyard of the first game?

And you can make everything look so BAAAD! You throw the sword away mid combo and he's like a whole next character, his standing unarmed combos can rinse enemies off the floor and into aerial gunplay, into a dive kick if you feel the need - then the sword files back to you and you carry on with that - it's disgusting!
                            Last edited by Saurian; 09-09-2004, 11:04.

Comment

Dantology... This sounds like something i am very interested in graduating in..

I aquired a version of the trial, but not really played it to much, due to lack of time.
                              My evening is free today so i will be starting the foundation year of Dantology when i get in..

Dante is Sick bro but you knew that already..

Comment

OMFG Capcom have SMACKED IT!!11

Million Stab is performed different, you dont simply hammer the button - sword attacks can be cancelled, rapid button presses for moves like Million Stab dont have to be input all at once. You can put a few into the first slash, cancel with O, cancel into /\ on a just frame - pause for a sec....../\ again for a double slash, buffer in more rapid taps - Stinger - rapid taps then activate Million Stab. That's one way to do it, but you can cancel into uppercut > Aerial Rave > Downward slash and on the just frame Stinger > Million Stab! Because you've buffered enough rapid taps to activate once you can activate off the Million Stab another Million Stab - release R1 at the right time and you can instantly switch direction too. I guess the absolute EASIEST way to get it is (swordmaster style): Slash > O > Slash - pause > Slash (start rapid tapping) now cancel the following Slash into Stinger while still tapping slash and you'll get Million Stab (which can be repeated from now on)
                                right, tried it this morning .......however i dont seem to be able to maintain the stabbing very long using this method saur. Help needed!

On a side note, Vergil owns!

Comment

Working...
                                X