No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3 (Trial)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vergil is a nutter! The way he killed that rudeypoo was so......formal! It was business blud, WORK!

Are you holding R1 as the first Million Stab is happening? Hold down R1, Release forward on the analogue and RAPIDLY tap slash and he'll carry on till he does a finish slash and shouts "Breakdown!"

You cancel into another Million Stab with Forward + taps, but you can cancel into other directions if you press/release lock-on (depending on enemy placement) - If a Million Stab is connecting on an enemy you'll get A LOT more hits from it! Cancel it into an uppercut into aerial rave for UltraGrime.

Comment

scratch that last post....stabbing HAS been maintained

Whats great about this new system is that anything can be cancelled with anything....similar to Joe in some respects.

Comment

That's so true man - this game IS Joe. Think about it: All enemy attacks are signposted by visual and audio cue, evades are simple as long as you take the time to learn the signposts. Then you learn how and in which order it suits you to tackle the enemies onscreen and you unleash absolute hell!

You CANNOT bang buttons in this game (that's why that brer playing on that vid coulnt get ANYTHING out of Dante) - it, like Joe requires a feather touch and understanding of the system - there is no set way to do anything within the system but there is a way of dealing with every situation all on your own thinking.
        Last edited by Saurian; 09-09-2004, 11:14.

Comment

Am I to take it from Saurian's orgasmic announcements that he likes this game?

This is encouraging news. Maybe there'll be a level with infinite respawning lizard brers!!

Comment

Now that i've got the 'Stab down pat, how the hell do ya actually perform the 'stand on head shooting' move?

I don't mean the surf either!

Another move that just come off for me recently was a Burly Brawl-esque move that kicked a downed baddy into the other baddies. It was preceded by a white effect like the Million Stab and the said 'stand on head' attack.

Comment

I dont know what you mean by the 'stand on head attack'

You mean Rain Storm? That's just jump + O button in Gunslinger.

He has an extra move set when he throws the sword away:

Repeatedly attack for a standard 4 hit
              Attack + back is a launcher kick
              Attack + forward is a hard forward kick
              Attack while jumping is a dive kick (same as Joe's red Hot Kick)

What I do is combos > uppercut > gun juggle > Prop Spin > throw sword > unarmed combo > launcher > guns (catch sword) > uppercut(hold /\ to follow upwards for aerial rave) > guns > 2 slashes > guns > 3 slashes > guns > slash = death! You can mix it up however you like - you have time to jump up and dive kick after an uppercut when unarmed.

Remember in Aerial Rave sword slashes make Dante fall downwards slowly as he slashes, guns have an initial upwards bounce then they dont cause any movement. So after you launch and follow for the Rave hit gun first to stop Dante moving vertically so fast then yo ucan mix up sword to gun to sword to finish however you like (or leave a bit of energy so you can surf the enemy)

You know how to control his Gunkata Clericness in Gunslinger?
              Last edited by Saurian; 09-09-2004, 11:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian

And you can make everything look so BAAAD! You throw the sword away mid combo and he's like a whole next character, his standing unarmed combos can rinse enemies off the floor and into aerial gunplay, into a dive kick if you feel the need - then the sword files back to you and you carry on with that - it's disgusting!

Starting a bit of bung-fu and finishing with a sword attack mid combo is where its at

The 'stand on head' thing has only happened once for me. Dante puts his foot on a downed baddy (flashy effect comes on), then procedes to unload into his skull!!!!!111

Gunslinger is safe!

Going from a slash>pause>slash into gunkata is just raw!!
                Last edited by Izayoi; 09-09-2004, 11:41.

Comment

The 'stand on head' thing has only happened once for me. Dante puts his foot on a downed baddy (flashy effect comes on), then procedes to unload into his skull!!!!!111
                  WHAT??? - dammit why you tell me that!!! I wanna go hooooome!!! T_T as long as I know it exists in the game I'll find it no problem.

I love Gunslinger too - having total control over iGunkata is so beautiful!

Comment

Wall-running seems to have taken a leaf out of PoP's book, as well as Shinobi with the dash and all. It's well better for it too! Even the dashes and wall runs cancel combos!

Stand on Head, Kick Away - On downed opponent, lock on and just keep pumpin him full of lead until the move kicks in. Like the Million Stab, keep hammering shoot to.....well...keep shooting, MASSIVE style bonus!!
                    Last edited by Izayoi; 09-09-2004, 12:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Saur
                      That's so true man - this game IS Joe. Think about it: All enemy attacks are signposted by visual and audio cue, evades are simple as long as you take the time to learn the signposts. Then you learn how and in which order it suits you to tackle the enemies onscreen and you unleash absolute hell!
                      Swifty May Cry

What game you got to buy to get this? Cant wait till next year!!1!!11

Comment

All i wanna know now is when is Saurian doing a vid of his mad skillz

Comment

Yeah Saur, we need vidz of Dante getting grimey.

Comment

Tonight - and it aint me!

A partner in Grime is passing down - Joe is MY game, DMC is his game - I cant compete yet but you GOTTA see what he does with it, it's just silly!

Izayoi: nice one! 8) (cant wait to get home to use that move!)

(edit: forgot to award my Seal Of Approval)
                            Last edited by Saurian; 09-09-2004, 13:40.

Comment

Just imagine, we haven't even got to grips with DMC3's devil trigger system yet and look what ya can get out of the boy already with his bog standard moveset!!!

Ice Nunchukas anyone?

Also, anyone else notice the familiar logo when Dante kicks the Capcom logo and smashes the screen?

Comment

Saur, you got any videos of Joe floating about on the net so I can see your sick skills?

Comment

Working...
                                X