No announcement yet.

Ford Racing 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

takes some doing mate, don't know, I've not raced online yet, gonna take me until Sunday probably to unlock all the tracks and decent cars.

They should have done it like Codemasters, everyone starts on 1500 points they you obviuosly go up or down, but never into a minus.
    So what happens if you win a race, does that get you back into the pluses or are you still -93,000 or whatever it is ?

Comment

I don't doubt they're quicker...but they still don't have the same street cred as the 3-door bad boys do they?
      nah, not really. They'll always be seen as the cheap version with an elongated boot and small spoiler.

Comment

comes out in the USA on 1st Dec, online side should be a lot more populated then, FR2 was quite a big seller "over the pond"

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
          comes out in the USA on 1st Dec, online side should be a lot more populated then, FR2 was quite a big seller "over the pond"
          Doubt it. See what happened to Outrun 2. When it came out in the USA, (nearly) everyone in Europe had quit

Comment

Finally managed to "race" online last night, there were 2 rooms !

Raced in both, was winning both races and the hosts just quit, no penalty for them and no points for me - I completed the races on my own like a tw*t hoping for some points.

So 3 races on and I'm back where I started, definitely a game you need to play online with "Friends" only, shame, but there's always Time Trial

Unlocked most cars and tracks so far, taking a while though

Comment

That 'Toca' ranking is s***. I remember hosts booting the whole room to keep their precious ranking ft:

I got the game yesterday and it's not bad offline (checked regularly and never saw an online race). I did the Easy and Medium Challenges. The hard ones seem to be a lot tougher...

Comment

Codies have sorted the quit thing, on CM05 when you quit a race you lose about 95 points.

I just need to unlock the last couple of cars and tracks, got the RS500 and Mondeo ST220 yesterday.

We'l have to sort out a day & time when us FR3'ers can race online together.

Comment

I bought this given it was nice and cheap, and I'm actually surprised how good a racer it is. The car models aren't over the top complex, and that means that there isn't a hint of slow down ever, and it runs at a decent frame rate.

The handling of the cars errs on the side of arcadey, so wall sliding doesn't penalise you very much at all, but the thing I've noticed above all is that it's a fun game to play. The tracks aren't the most animated, but good use of 5.1 is made. The challenges at easy are easy, but as the game progresses, medium becomes trickier and hard really does require some commitment, and the commitment isn't drawn out, it's challenging without being repetitive.

I think the main reason I like this though, is that it has the Ford Capri, and it sort of handles like a Capri should. My Dad had one when I was about 7, and I've always liked them.

As a racer I suppose it isn't really in the upper reaches of excellence, but it is enjoyable, and I'd definitely say it's worth the tenner.

Comment

even on easy it takes a while to unlock everything, online side is a nightmare unfortunately (finding a game and when you do they quit if they're not winning grr)

Alround well worthy of a tenner though

Comment

Working...
                    X