Baldr Force EXE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baldr Force EXE

Just finished a 2 hour session on the new Dreamcast Action Adventure game, Baldr Force EXE. Of course I cant make any in-depth comments about the game since I've only played it for 2 hours so far but what I can say is that it's an excellent game for those who are interested in getting in toJapanese Adventure games (also known as dating sims). Whist there is loads of text and Japanese speech, this is split by combat action scenes with your Mech, making the whole text section feel like a sub part of the game. Once the first section is completed you are then able to customize your Mech and try it out. this is a very useful feature since at first it wasn't too clear what button did what.

The presentation is beautiful, from the very high quality MPEG intro to the music used within the game. The game especially looks good in VGA but don't worry if you don't have VGA because it still looks very nice on a normal TV. Just make sure that you switch on the ANTI FLICKER filter option to max if you're using an old TV. I don't know if this game is interlaced or what but it will flicker like mad on a TV if the ANTI FLICKER filter is switched off. I find that setting 3 is best since the final setting of 4 makes the image slightly blurred if using a TV and no filter for when using VGA.

The pack I got was the Sega Direct special edition complete with Baldr Force Model, Poster and Phone card.

Yakumo

It's.... a dating sim? With mechs? o_0

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol
      It's.... a dating sim? With mechs? o_0

meh surely not?!

Where's the challenge?
      If you own a mech and STILL can't get laid, you might as well just chop it off.

Comment

love the comment, LOL

nah, it's not a dating sim just like many of those games that people mistake for dating sims. As you know, the Japanese love text adventures but most of these are no good to the non-Japanese speaker. many people would like to get in to these games just for their beautiful style but the text is really off putting and even myself who can speak Japanese have always found Adventure games off putting. This is why Baldr Force EXE is a great way to get in to the gender. It's got the text adventure sections with beautiful art as well as mech blasting action. This not a dating game at all but a story like quite a few others out there.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
          love the comment, LOL

nah, it's not a dating sim just like many of those games that people mistake for dating sims. As you know, the Japanese love text adventures but most of these are no good to the non-Japanese speaker. many people would like to get in to these games just for their beautiful style but the text is really off putting and even myself who can speak Japanese have always found Adventure games off putting. This is why Baldr Force EXE is a great way to get in to the gender. It's got the text adventure sections with beautiful art as well as mech blasting action. This not a dating game at all but a story like quite a few others out there.

Yakumo

http://www.segagagadomain.com
          And yet you still say it isnt a dating game...

Comment

Originally posted by SaintM
            And yet you still say it isnt a dating game...
            Well, let's just say that so far dating hasn't been the main point of the game even though one woman tried to seduce my character

Yakumo

Comment

Counterpoint to Yakumo's review...

I wrote a Baldr Force EXE review. My experience isn't quite as glowing as Yakumo's, as you can see.

Comment

Working...
              X