Jak 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jak 3

The end of the trilogy has finally arrived. After only an hours play I have completed 13% according to my save file after just over an hour which doesn't say much about its longevity compared to Jak II but we'll let that slide for now.

Initial impressions of the game are not great. A dull tutorial with too mucn annoying Daxter but the game soon kicks off once the niceties are out of the way. Already a whole new group of people have been introduced and the new Buggys are much more fun than hover car racing, especially the second mission which is just great fun

Did no one else buy this then?

picked it up for my son, he loves it mind hes only 6 hes completed jak 1 and 2 and seems to be getting on well with this one too

Comment

My only worry at the minute is that it is too easy and too short. 2 hours 20% and no real challenges yet. It looks to me like Naughty Dog have gone too far in the opposite direction after the criticism of Jak II.

Comment

I've heared this has bad screen tearing ( the second one suffered a bit ), anyone care to confirm / dispel ?

Oh and is it prog scan like number 2 ?

Comment

The screen tearing is only really evident when you do a fill 360 camera turn around the character but apart from that it is barely noticeable. The game has a rocksolid framerate and apart from one instance of pop-up it has looked wonderful throughout.

I have to say I am dissapointed with the game. After the immense Jak II it just feels short and unfulfulling. I am currently at 32% after 3 hours and the Edge review was correct in saying that it would be a walkover for anyone who completed Jak II. It's a pity really because it feels like it could do so much better but everything is just too easy and I am in no way a great gamer. Story so far is pretty so-so and not as interesting as before and the desert city feels totally lifeless despite the number of inhabitants wandering around. I miss Haven City with the Baron's soundbites and incedental music livening up the place.

Comment

Working...
          X