Minano Golf (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martTM
    Haha! You're weaker than me! And you haven't even got any money!
    Cheeky git, I paid with cash.

Still, my Xbox collection is a lot smaller then it was now...

Comment

To play devil's advocate there are some issues with the game too.

For example the AI is sometimes crap, there are a couple of Par3 holes with a large precipice in front (OB) - and several of the AI characters consistantly fail to get onto the green, going OB try after try. When they reach 15 strokes the game automatically aborts their turn. Same has happened a few times on other holes too.

Gameplay wise in the Match-Play mode you start to get penalised for landing in rough, when it gets to +2 strokes it's a little harsh - forces you to play incredibly conservatively.

Minor points, but irritating at the time.

Comment

Does the game autosave at all, it doesn't seem to be saving after I complete a challenge for me

Comment

It does. You get a still picture of a natural scene (beach, trees etc.) while a box pops up and tells you not to take out the memory stick. Once it's saved, the picture will turn into a short video.

Maybe it's an option, I can't remember. Definately auto saves though.

Comment

Cheers, it does save for me now

Comment

Quick question: some clubs fill a little slot with a smilie face, just beneath the stats. Any idea what these represent?

Comment

Somewhat confused by that too. I had a feeling for a long time that I was missing something but eventually realised that it takes an age to progress to unlocking the extra characters and courses.

The problem for me is that I assumed that the courses would be quicker to unlock and just tried to blitx through the challenges, whereas the challenged are in fat the core of the game. Not quite sure I like this balance all in all.

Comment

Also noticed that after levelling up a bit the swing metere changes a bit. Originally the accuracy part of the meter was red, pink and white. Later you get a deeper red line which appears on the outside of the two red areas. These have the same effect as in "Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf Fore!"
                  Last edited by Gareth C; 13-01-2005, 16:49. Reason: Typo

Comment

This is just the sweet spot, no? Pink = sweet spot, red = hook or slice? From your terminology, doesn't sound like you play much real life golf ;p

Comment

No. There is a darker red line (very thin) that appears OUTSIDE the standard red area (for hook and slice). I read about it on an FAQ for Hot SHots 4, but can't find it now. From what I remember there is an advantage to hitting exactly on the darker red line...but can't for the life of me remember why!

Comment

This is how ign explains it:

Now, the edge of the red has a tiny dark red border. By stopping the meter in the dark red the skull will still appear, but it means something different. The ball will shoot sparks and fly straight and true and farther than a regular shot. It will also die upon impact and barely roll along the grass at all. For nailing a precision shot onto a tiny target, nothing can compare to this new tool. The downside is that if the meter is even slightly off the mark, players will see their balls shoot way off to the side or go nowhere at all. There's no room for error here.

Comment

Heh, won't be trying that one too often

Another one: once, the CPU got the ball in from the bunker, it created massive sparks of electricity on the flag, charged up and flew out! I even felt bad for the CPU, it was such a good shot. Was this becuase she'd put that 'fiery backspin' on the ball, so it span out?

Also, how do you ensure you get that fiery backspin on shots, so it spins back into the hole?

Comment

That is just a special that gets triggered using "Super Spin" shots which I have described in an earlier post. Essentially you spin in the opposite direction while choosing power then in the correct direction once power is set.

Sometimes the ball will travel up the flag, spin at the top and then fall in to the hole...but seems to miss just as often!

Comment

do you have to unlock anything to do the super backspin shots ??

Comment

Nope. Just follow the instructions as above (and further back in the thread).

Comment

Working...
                                X