NES Classics - Castlevania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NES Classics - Castlevania

The colors are a bland mix of red and brown, the controls are unresponsive, the enemy patterns are far too difficult and the level design encourages accidental death, but...

...I still love it. This is one of the most enjoyable games to slot into my DS in the last few weeks. Why?

Originally posted by Kaladron
    The colors are a bland mix of red and brown, the controls are unresponsive, the enemy patterns are far too difficult and the level design encourages accidental death, but...

...I still love it. This is one of the most enjoyable games to slot into my DS in the last few weeks. Why?
    I was going to post another, 'NES classics are ripoffs' post but thought better of it.

I don't think it's as bad as you're making out, I've actually been plugging through both this and Metroid and I've found Castlevania to be pretty responsive and perfectly playable (although it has dated). How far into it are you and do you not have Band Brothers?

Comment

I'm not sure that "unresponsive" is the right word, but having been playing Castlevania 4 recently I find the controls restrictive. As you can only whip in one direction and length it become more difficult to hit the faster enemies and you tend to die quickly if you don't avoid them well.

I think I got to the fourth boss on my first play today and then gave in as I was feeling sleepy on the train home from work. Finally, I don't have Band Brothers. I know I should but I currently have 5 and a bit DS games in various states of completion.

Comment

Working...
      X