Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRMacumber
    Anyway, top quality stuff here, and I can't wait to get into it more as time permits.

yes I to am having resi withdrawels...not been able to play once today..I am very antsy with anticipation to have a mommy resi moment

Comment

****ing ****ing hell!

How good is this!?

How ****ing good!?

Best game this gen? Possibly.

Bloody ****ing lord.

This is just... Wow!

****ing hell.

Comment

ROFL, has anyone accidently or on purpose looked up Ashley's skirt yet? When she's on a high ledge and you're down below, just tap the C-stick up.

Nice touch, Capcom!

Comment

Yeh, I'm sure you done it "accidentally"!!

Comment

Originally posted by hankwangford
            ROFL, has anyone accidently or on purpose looked up Ashley's skirt yet? When she's on a high ledge and you're down below, just tap the C-stick up.

Nice touch, Capcom!
            yeah, did it by accident when I was trying to raise a ladder in the farm area.

Comment

Originally posted by lll_r0ssco_lll
              Yeh, I'm sure you done it "accidentally"!!
              First time was an accident.

2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th time wasn't XD

Comment

She calls you a pervert.

The only oversight I've seen so far is that the villagers aren't hurt by the bear traps.

Comment

Originally posted by macosx
                  I've played one of the best & most tense bits of boss gaming I've ever played. Think Alien the movie then make it playable. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, this game starts fantastically and the ideas and sheer gaming artistry just keep coming and coming. Really showcases game design at it's most intelligent.
                  I think I may have just witnessed what you?ve just mentioned. Are you referring to the third boss??!

If you are arent?

It's absolutely mind-blowing! Usually I would write a few sentences describing just how incredible it was etc? but? there isn?t any point saying any more then:

?BLOODY HELL!?

I'm coming up to the Castle setting now...
                  ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

You know, I showed this to a friend a few days ago and he thought it was "complete crap." I wonder how it's gonna be received on a more grand scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                      I think I may have just witnessed what you?ve just mentioned. Are you referring to the third boss??!
                      I think I've raced ahead of you Adam, I'm through the Castle now, you'll know what I'm talking about when you get there. I woke up thinking about this this morning; too many hours , too much tension!

Re Firsty's question: I think this game is going under the radar completely. A) Resident Evil is a known game franchise and let's be honest had had it's day up to this one. B) Can't see Nintendo marketing it as well as Microsoft did with Halo 2 to get any mass public recognition which is what it deserves. Might get a load of negative press infact, what with the death scene, chainsaw controller etc. You can just seeing the tabloids on it again. Then watch the sales fly!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone

If you are arent?

It's absolutely mind-blowing! Usually I would write a few sentences describing just how incredible it was etc? but? there isn?t any point saying any more then:

?BLOODY HELL!?

I'm coming up to the Castle setting now...
                        Would that happen to the be the...

village chief boss by chance mate?

At the moment, I've sunk in about 10 hours into the game and have reached the Castle Gardens. Probably too much time given that at one point I was completely at a loss what to do next - then I discovered the merit of the Z button.

What more can be said that hasn't been already? It's awesome. End of. The GameCube has a very, very strong contender for Game of the Year and possibly Game of the Year overall.

On my second run-through of the game, I'll be devoting my attentions to exploring the side-quests and other neat little facets of the game.

Comment

What's the word on the actual play time in this? Anything near the 20~25 hours Capcom suggest? Is it MGS-ish in it's cutscene/ codec Vs game ratio?

I hate PA.

Comment

I'd say most definitely 20-25 hours matey. I'm still on the first disc.

Codec sequences are few and far between and very brief. Nothing like MGS's at all.

Comment

Originally posted by macosx
                              Re Firsty's question: I think this game is going under the radar completely. A) Resident Evil is a known game franchise and let's be honest had had it's day up to this one. B) Can't see Nintendo marketing it as well as Microsoft did with Halo 2 to get any mass public recognition which is what it deserves. Might get a load of negative press infact, what with the death scene, chainsaw controller etc. You can just seeing the tabloids on it again. Then watch the sales fly!!
                              In Europe, this is probably true. But only games that nab HUUUUUUUGE sales get 250 pages worth of message board posts on gamefaqs.

The litmus test will be Japan.

Comment

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X