No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've wondered about this too. I guess it's just a reference to one of his other government missions, though. He probably has to travel the world a lot.

Maybe there are some England buffs at Capcom.

Comment

Lol...snap. I always thought that was a tad odd as well.

Maybe we'll bump into him one day squeezing on in the morning, yeh I'm bitter...
      Last edited by Len; 12-01-2008, 11:03.

Comment

dbl post...
        Last edited by Len; 12-01-2008, 11:03.

Comment

maybe its to do with him jumping on the train in RE2 at the end?

Comment

Only 5 years late to this! Reason being, i started with the resi game on the PS1(when it came out) and I just didn't enjoy it.

I've picked a few up down the line and they just weren't my thing.

Thought I'd give the wii game a go, (Wii edition RE4) and it is absolutely amazing, I'm now up to the castle, I've came away to give myself a break.

Little point in going on about how amazing it is, as I'm obviously the last to know!

So glad I've tried RE again.

*Playing with classic controller pro and finding that hugely comfortable*

Comment

Welcome to the show grandad... lol

Comment

This game is super amazing. I will be playing it again this year. The castle level is sumblime.

Comment

I love these late first plays. I often think it's more interesting to read comments after the hype has died down, and the 'Best Game Evahhh' crowd have moved on.

Back to topic, Resi 4 for me is an all time classic and although the graphics have aged slightly I still play it regular and enjoy it every time.
                  Last edited by Skull Commander; 15-03-2011, 08:52.

Comment

Well I played it for the first time in november 2009 and I was blown away by it. One of the best ever games.

Comment

This is one of the only games I jumped on the hype wagon for and clocked it 3 times which I normally never, EVAH do. Seeing it get bumped after a couple of years in the wilderness has made me wanna play it again. I guess I'd need a modded/import wii to get 480p goodness via component cable? Anyone know if it can be forced into a 720p mode via a hack/mod and whether its worth it? I dont think my 37" HD plasma will do this game the same justice compared to my old 36" prog scan CRT.

Comment

Resident Evil 4 is up there with Half Life 2 and Resident Evil 2 as one of my most replayed games.

I’ve competed the Canadian version on Freeloader, the UK PAL version on Gamecube, the PS2 LE port, the Wii port and have recompleted the UK Gamecube version on a New Game +. I’ve not played it since I went through it on the Wii, but it was just as good and action packed as I fondly remember. It’s almost perfect, there’s just to many great points to list, Resident Evil 4 will be remember as an all-time classic.

It’ll be interesting if you (Shadow Dancer) check in from time to time as the game progresses, to see how you’re getting on all these years down the line.

The maze section on Normal.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                          I guess I'd need a modded/import wii to get 480p goodness via component cable? Anyone know if it can be forced into a 720p mode via a hack/mod and whether its worth it? I dont think my 37" HD plasma will do this game the same justice compared to my old 36" prog scan CRT.
                          All regions of Wii should play the game in 480p, so you don't necessarily need to import. It cannot be hacked to run in 720p though.

To be honest, Resident Evil 4 itself looks particularly bad on an LCD/etc. even in 480p due to how the widescreen mode works (it literally zooms into the letterboxed display).

Comment

I was thinking of digging up my old US GC import and running that on my brother PAL Wii, PAL GC RE4 wont allow 480p, will it? I guess I should probably grab a PAL Wii copy but will that have 480p also?

Comment

As far as I'm aware, the PAL Wii game does support 480p. I stress though, there's pretty much no way make the game look that good on an LCD. The combination of low resolution interlaced textures, overall low game resolution and fake zoomed widescreen make it a real problem title.

It's still a brilliant game though, and if you can find the Wii game for cheap, it does include the extras from the PS2 game.

Comment

so I can a Wii RE4 US/JAP import game work in 480p on a PAL Wii machine without mods?

Comment

Working...
                                X