Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
    The QTE's where you have to bash A... are you supposed to do it in a rythym, or just REALLY fast? If it's the latter I'm going to get pissed off with it pretty quickly cos I simply can't do it fast enough
    No rhythm, it isn't like Shenmue where it's a selection of individually timed button presses one after the other.

As for bashing A, think Track and Field. You just have to hammer the button as fast as you can.
    Last edited by Concept; 26-01-2005, 18:11.

Comment

Jaysus, I just can't do it. I keep getting eaten by the big fish thing cos I can't bash fast enough

Comment

I found the A button bash easy, never had to work too hard or ever died.

Comment

Also depends on your health chad.
          If it's still 'amber' then you're okay.

If it's 'red' - pray

Comment

Jaysus, I just can't do it. I keep getting eaten by the big fish thing cos I can't bash fast enough
            It might be because you are low on health. Your swimming speed is dependent on your current health.

Edit - GW beat me to it.

Comment

Ah! Didn't know that. Done it now anyway, cheers

Comment

Completed it today too Took me just a tad over 16 hours and well worth it. Not sure if I would play through it again though, as the magic of playing it first time is the suspense and set pieces and if I play 2nd time through I know what to expect Well worth it for some of the nice boss battles though. BTW, last boss was easy compared to the rest in the game :S

Waz

Comment

Just fought the

cave-troll thing (el giante or whatever it's called). It's visual impressiveness is matched only by the breathtaking easiness. I can't believe how simple that fight was

Comment

I fell asleep earlier, so i probably won't be going to bed anytime soon...

Think i'll be starting my second run through tonight!

Comment

Can someone clarify for me...

Does time that the game is paused (by pressing start) or inactive (your objects menu) add to your final time?

Comment

No it doesn't. I'm not sure if time passes when you're in the items menu, but it certainly doesn't when the game is paused.

Comment

Yes it does. Or at least in my experience it did. I don't think there really is a pause - pressing start just brings you to an options screen. During my first run through I left Resident Evil 4 paused for a couple of hours, and it was added on to the time upon completion.

Only when you've exited through the continue screen and reloaded is the time cut.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
                            No it doesn't. I'm not sure if time passes when you're in the items menu, but it certainly doesn't when the game is paused.
                            That's not what I found. There were definitely a couple of hours added on to my total time from inactivity.

Comment

The QTE's where you have to bash A... are you supposed to do it in a rythym, or just REALLY fast? If it's the latter I'm going to get pissed off with it pretty quickly cos I simply can't do it fast enough
                              Simply hit it fast.

Comment

Bash it as fast as you can, and be prepared to hit one of the two combos. And be prepared to hit the combos during many of the cut scenes as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X