No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I played this was on my own. I got up to 3-2 and then my mate came over for the weekend and we played it together from the beginning (and finished it in just over a day )

Playing it on my own was awesome but playing with another is just so much fun. We were both sat there with our mouths open during some moments

The bit with Mike, for example

When my mate did the cool bit I mentioned earlier I was moving my hands and fingers as if it was me playing I was so engrossed in it that I didn't even realise he had the pad

So, yes, it is worth playing with a partner. It really does enhance the experience

Totally agree - there are so many parts I would like to try again. Oh, well just have to play it through again. What a chore...
    True...what a shame I think I will make a save for every chapter the next time I play

That idea about the bag sounds quite likely, IMO. I wondered what it was but never thought of it being a

Comment

Originally posted by RLench

That idea about the bag sounds quite likely, IMO. I wondered what it was but never thought of it being a
      Is such a creepy and sick thought, but well cool

Aye the bit in with Mike is Grade A, Hollywood style action!! Most blockbuster action movies aint had a scene with as much impact as that, absolutely awesome.. "I love you mike"

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
        Bowser - you need to find a friend to play through it with. Then you would be forced to stand upto your fears.
        You know what though, films and books don't have this effect on me.
        I've never seen a film I'd consider scary for example. Stuff like Exorcist, Rosemarys Baby, Requiem of a Dream and Clockwork Orange are deeply disturbing, but I've never felt the same dread watching them or even scared. Stuff like Blair Witch, Ring etc. seem not to have any impact at all either.

Book wise some stuff is incredibly creepy, and because it's your own imagination, sets things off at weird tangents. However it seems to make me go back for more until finished, something games don't.

It's not just Resi that makes this dread and trepidation, I spent like 3/4 walking very slowly around the 1st apartment in Silent Hill 2 for fear of something nasty.

Sorry about the derail...
        Last edited by bowser123; 14-02-2005, 15:33.

Comment

I think I am nearing the end of this now and while I do think its a excellent game, its not 10/10 quality. It would of been if it kept up the pace from chapter 1 to the end of chapter 2.

For me, chapter 3 stank, it was boring to look at and just wasn't fun. I would of prefered if they made a new location instead. Thankfully, chapter 4 made up for it and chapter 5 has put the game back on track.

Will hopefully have this finished this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
            Is such a creepy and sick thought, but well cool

Aye the bit in with Mike is Grade A, Hollywood style action!! Most blockbuster action movies aint had a scene with as much impact as that, absolutely awesome.. "I love you mike"
            I loved that whole section. It was just mad to see a dozen different enemies and plan a way through. Then just as you're about to start

Mike comes overhead and blows it all up for you

"Oh...nevermind"

Comment

That was my thought too heh...

It's going to be very, very hard for anything this year, even with what we know is coming out, to beat this to GotY...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Nothing will, IMO. Even now I'd be surprised if anything will rival how much I enjoyed this game. Even if there was a slew of games I'd love to see that were suddenly announced for release in December 2005, I still doubt they would beat this.

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
                  Nothing will, IMO. Even now I'd be surprised if anything will rival how much I enjoyed this game. Even if there was a slew of games I'd love to see that were suddenly announced for release in December 2005, I still doubt they would beat this.

Maybe the new Zelda but I doubt it will be released this year or on the GC.

Comment

It's supposed to be 2005 and definitely for the GC. Zelda is probably the only game I expect to come close, but there's just something about RE4 that I don't think a Zelda game could match. Not necessarily the violence but the whole sad and serious angle to the story. Zelda has never really been that dark or serious

Comment

I'm now more area's and more bosses in. And i'm starting to 'get' it more. It is an evolution of Code Veronica and I loved that game which was what surprised me the most. Its perception, I think I approached it too much like a next-gen title which is why I struggled to do what I wanted in the early stages such as the village assault. Once you get it firmly in your mind set that this is exactly identical, bar aiming, to the other Resi's its a cake walk.

I think I just just took it as playing badly when the truth is its a pretty badly controlled game executed excellently.

Comment

Regarding the shooting gallery, is there a special reward for collecting every bottle top or is it just a bit of fun?

Comment

Originally posted by Pikman
                          Regarding the shooting gallery, is there a special reward for collecting every bottle top or is it just a bit of fun?
                          Fun.

Comment

ahh

Comment

During the game, if you collect six bottle caps (belonging to the same row),
                              you'll get a $$ reward. So, besides the cool caps the money reward is a great incentive to keep trying and beating the scores

Comment

Oh I see, and can you keep making $$ even after collecting all the bottle tops?

Comment

Working...
                                X