No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunlolly I wasn't really questioning you or anything like that, I just asked because I genuinely didn't expect a 3 hour run to be possible. Looks like I was wrong though

Originally posted by buster_broon
    http://speeddemosarchive.com/ResidentEvil4.html

called speed runs and 2hr 13mins is the record

the video they have up is about 2hr 50mins

some of it doesnt look right imo, missing baddies and the dogs do no damage when they attack
    I haven't watched it (and I probably won't if it's 2 hours long) but that doesn't sound right, or even possible.

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
      I haven't watched it (and I probably won't if it's 2 hours long) but that doesn't sound right, or even possible.
      its 660megs in size and its split into 20 downloadable sections

best played thru real player

it is impressive - he just runs thru the entire game

only goes to vases/barrels that holds stuff he needs

salazar (boss) he beats in around 15 seconds with 10 magnum rounds - which really impressed me

couple of guys in the uk have a sub 3hrs

check the attached photo for some proof

the second photo was from a guy in the states

Comment

lol my hit ratio was piss poor also

Comment

Just finished this & I have to jump on the "one of the best games ever" bandwagon, it just gets better and better the further you go, just when you think you've seen the best set piece the game has to offer another of equal quality pops up.

I pretty much took my time in completing it because I didn't want the thing to end, final time was around 18 hours with just under 1000 kills and a 66% hit accuracy. It's time now to mess with the bonus stuff and then start from scratch on hard, rarely is there a game where I wan't to start playing again after it's finished, the only other recent title that did the same was Snake Eater

Now when the hell do we get Resident Evil 5 anyway?

Comment

Hmmmmmm

That 2:13 would of have to been perfect. Unless he used a action replay to place all key items in invintory. You could skip alot of the game that way.

What busterboon says about that run about the dogs not hurting him sounds fishy also.

I am in the middle of another speedrun. I'm 45 mins in on chapter 3-2, should be able to beat my old time

Comment

just defeated salazar - 9hrs 20mins in, is that good resident evil 4 completers

just used the rocket launcher i found in chapter 3-something and 1 shot, he was dead

beat him in around 5 seconds - the fanny

definately the biggest game of the series

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                just defeated salazar - 9hrs 20mins in, is that good resident evil 4 completers

just used the rocket launcher i found in chapter 3-something and 1 shot, he was dead

beat him in around 5 seconds - the fanny

definately the biggest game of the series
                Thats a tidy time Buster!! I also rattled him with one shot!! Tried a few times using my sniper and magnum shots, but got fed up with him throwing me about the room One shot with the magnum in that eye thing, he pops his napper out and BOOM, Johnny rocket launcher brings the house down, hehehe!! Playin mercenaries just now... rock hard!!

Comment

Playing it on pro I found Salazar pretty tough, seems to take an age for

Ada to throw you the special rocket launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by SunLolly
                    Hmmmmmm

That 2:13 would of have to been perfect. Unless he used a action replay to place all key items in invintory. You could skip alot of the game that way.

What busterboon says about that run about the dogs not hurting him sounds fishy also.

I am in the middle of another speedrun. I'm 45 mins in on chapter 3-2, should be able to beat my old time

Let us know if you beat your previous time, cause thats some realy impressive play.

Comment

Don't you guys mean Sadler ?

Comment

Originally posted by pace
                        Let us know if you beat your previous time, cause thats some realy impressive play.

Will do matey

Comment

Just started Resi again to show my mate, from the start again on Normal. Loving it. I've fallen for it again!

Think I'm gonna play through it all again now and save up for the Infinite Rocket!

Comment

That'll be money well spent mate, it's just too much fun bastin them away waves at a time

Anyone who has completed it should take a look at the mercenaries thread in the challenges forum, it'll be even more fun if loads of us were trying to better each other's scores. Just remember, practice does indeed make perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by SunLolly
                              Don't you guys mean Sadler ?
                              I don't know, what's the final boss called again?

Comment

It is Sadler, Salazar is the incredibly annoying midget who I couldn't wait to kill, very satisfying it was to.

Having messed about withe merceneries a bit I think a stand alone Krauser game would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X