Tony Hawks Underground 2: Remix (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strider
    I'm not too keen on the really blurry movement, but I'm really enjoying this. One thing though, is anyone else experiencing hissy sound on certain tracks when using headphones?
    yes strider, on the opening track & now & again, on other things, seems like a bug ? & mine was thru the speaker

plus the eyes bulging out of characters, methinks a bit more time could have been spent sorting this game out

Comment

It's strange how it's hardly been mentioned in any reviews. I've also noticed that my PSP screen is steadily picking up lots of weird lines and bits of fluff beneath the screen. What a piece of cheap crap it is

Comment

No hissing here either. The only sound problems I've encountered on the PSP is with Need for Speed.

Comment

maybe this is the start of probs with us games on jap machines? mine is jap btw & no other faults, just this one games i have mga and thats just fine so far

Comment

This is a well known problem with the game over on the pleb and spaztastic gamespot boards. Happening on US machines as well.

Comment

Originally posted by in5ane
              No spinning with the shoulders, but then i never used them anyway for that.

Daft question, how *do* you spin then? I've always used the shoulder buttons and it's firmly ingrained in my muscle memory. I genuinely can't imagine another way of doing it.....surely D pad left and right would mean you couldn't spin while inputting moves, wouldn't it?

Can anyone confirm if the shoulder buttons are reconfigurable?

Comment

Well, i just hold down the direction i want to go. You can still do all the moves, like you can press left, up and left, or down and left, with a button and they all spin you left and do a move. I don't know why i started playing like that, but now i think it gives you a bit more feeling of control.

I haven't tried changing them, but it definitely says in the manual, and in the options, you can change it to shoulder buttons for spinning.

Comment

Ok further play on this title and the settings, I'm really dissapointed, I think this games has been rushed and not tested enough as I've only played on the training level! as in5ane mentioned you do find yourself knocking the analogue nub when playing(but saving in tony hawk's games is the same as it is in the console versions), triggering the slo mo (does that really benefit the Tony Hawks games anyway? I know I'd not miss it). Sound problems don't stop at hissing either, there is a setting to have just sound effects, which does include talking by the skaters but this is corrupt, one skater spoke then after that sound effects stopped working properly including talking in cut-scenes! Also, can i heck get the 180 spins to work.

So, can this all be remedied with an update i'm wondering (read HOPING) as apart from the niggles I really want to enjoy this game.

I hope NTSC uk address this in their review of this good, but flawed game.

Comment

What if the reviewer experiences none of these problems? Cause I know I have no issues with the game myself. Also what do you mean you can't get the 180 spins to work?

Comment

I've noticed there are tons of cut scenes with subtitles but no speech. All the 'main' ones have sound tho- i can't remember if these specific scenes have speech in the big versions- i was thinking maybe they had to cut some stuff to get it onto a UMD.

Comment

in5ane,read the activision site, they did include all the speech on the world sounds option, they just dont work

monkeywrench, i hope they really give the game a good testing then to see if they come across the problems.

Comment

yeah, the sound on mine is pretty ****ed aswell, as are a lot of the cut scenes (stuff doesn't seem to load quick enough and randomly appears mid scene, and the scenes themselves take an age to load). Can't say I care much cos I'm not in the habit of listening to the music and I skip the cut scenes cos the antics or Bam Margera irritate the piss out of me, but it does seem to be a fairly hastily put together bit of gaming.

'Completed' both the Story and Classic modes now, still got a ton of objectives still to do though, really good fun.

Comment

I've had this game shut down my PSP for no apparent reason twice now (both times trying to load a Classic mode level)- battery level was fine etc, i think it even did it while plugged in as well. And it didn't just put it into sleep mode, went into proper turn off mode... Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                            X