Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA Soccer (PSP)

Just picked this up today locally.

Presentation is very good, crisp menus and lots of options/unlockables/teams/etc.

Loading times are a tad long, but still reasonable (game load times seem shorter than World Tour Soccer)

Unfortunately the game itself is pretty darn slow! Once you've gotten into it it'll be just about playable, but it just seems as if they crammed in more than the PSP can currently handle graphics-wise. There's lots of short pauses and the overall picture during play is a little flickery.

Overall I would say it's "OK" but not worth the 40 quid a paid for it just to get it today, I would have been a bit happier with it for around 25-27 quid.

- Obie

Originally posted by ObieT
    There's lots of short pauses and the overall picture during play is a little flickery.
    Yes, I hear it's the game accessing the UMD ahead of time, for things like throw-ins and fouls, bummer. Bring on WE/Pro Evo.

Comment

And no online play either presumably?

Think I'll pass on this one.....

Comment

played this today. worst game on the psp.

Comment

No online play.

I've played a bit more and it's pretty good, but the speed really does take away from the whole experience...funnily enough the intro movie shows the game running at a fast speed

Comment

Originally posted by kbgnat
            played this today. worst game on the psp.
            That's a bold claim, what about Gretsky?

Comment

So, is it fair to say that World Tour Soccer is where I should heading for my footy love (for the moment at least)?

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth C
                That's a bold claim, what about Gretsky?
                can't comment on Gretsky as i've not played it yet. Actually, I should rephrase my comment to "worst game I have played on the PSP out of all the games I have played" - and before anyone comments, I have played quite a few. Need to be a Fifa Fanboy to like this! Never did like Fifa myself, the Mega drive version was the best, but has gone downhill ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                  So, is it fair to say that World Tour Soccer is where I should heading for my footy love (for the moment at least)?
                  It really depends, as far as actual gameplay goes WTS is faster and smoother.

If you want proper commentary, all licensed teams and players, more than two music tracks, official kits, season mode and some nice unlockables, then FIFA has all of those over WTS.

Let me just say that I won't be selling my WTS anytime soon, but at the same time I might give FIFA a fair go before deciding it's future in my PSP game collection.

As for Pro Evo/ISS/Winning Eleven - I just hope it runs at a decent speed and still packs most of the home consolve version punch. Either way, it's a long way off.

- Obie

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                    I think ObieT should answer this as he has played both extensively. I have only had quick games on each but the slowdown on Fifa is soooooooooo bad!

Comment

Originally posted by ObieT
                      No online play.

I've played a bit more and it's pretty good, but the speed really does take away from the whole experience...funnily enough the intro movie shows the game running at a fast speed
                      Maybe they coded it for a non speed locked PSP

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin
                        Maybe they coded it for a non speed locked PSP
                        That would make FIFA fantastic, but being realistic I think it's safe to assume that any un-capping of the PSP's remaining speed potential is a good few months away and any current games would not gain anything from it.

Comment

Got it too, and it's confirmed, it's a ****y...

Comment

Originally posted by hogwart
                            Got it too, and it's confirmed, it's a ****y...
                            Picked mine up yesterday.

Long loads.

Nice "Presentation" Cool with all the team names/players/commentry

Craparoona game play!

Lots of "Stutter"

Slow speed of players

After touch system almost impossible to use due to the distance from nub.

6/10

Comment

Working...
                            X