No announcement yet.

Killer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rented this and at first I was totally confused. There's the demon thing in the parking lot and I had no clue I was supposed to be shooting the yellow weakspot because it didn't lock on. I'll push forward with this but I think the tone for me has been set... One for the 'hardcore' gamers only, I think.
    Last edited by Lyris; 31-08-2005, 13:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris
      Rented this and I'm confused. I really want to like this game but I've only just started and I'm honestly just not sure what I'm meant to be doing? There's a demon thing in the parking lot rolling eggs, I'm meant to press Y three times to collect the blood in test tubes? Nothing is happening. Sometimes the tubes appear, sometimes they don't... x1, x0, what? Shooting the yellow bit doesn't seem to be doing anything either.

One for the 'hardcore' gamers only, I think.
      Gotta use Dan the man and his demon shell, the game tells you about defeating it, all be it a mental riddle kind of way, but bottom line...

Shoot the red spot with Dans demon shell shot (3 test tubes required).

It is worth percevering honestly, the game just oozes style and once you get your gunplay tricked out you be blowing up at the stuff you can pull together.

Comment

Yeah, I worked it out eventually... I'll have to see about this. Right now it's not going too well with my short attention span and I'm back to playing Halo 2.

Comment

This is one seriously weird game. But I love it. It is so out there and different, dare I say "Avante Garde". Just love the presentation. Capcom have been the developer of choice for this generation. Seriously, games as good as this never sell well which is a crying shame. People would rather play Ridge Racers greatest hits on a ?180 portable

Still haven't got my head totally around it yet, but is seems to be coming together. Not 100% sure on all this blood business. So refershing having to think differently for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
            This is one seriously weird game. But I love it. It is so out there and different, dare I say "Avante Garde". Just love the presentation. Capcom have been the developer of choice for this generation. Seriously, games as good as this never sell well which is a crying shame. People would rather play Ridge Racers greatest hits on a ?180 portable

Still haven't got my head totally around it yet, but is seems to be coming together. Not 100% sure on all this blood business. So refershing having to think differently for a change.
            Yeah couldn't agree more - it's pretty confusing when you first start playing but as you stick with it and get thru the levels it sucks you in and I love it now.

Comment

Right, been playing this most of the evening and it now clicks. The dialogue in the game is just brilliant Irawazu crack me up and with the sleazeball Travis adding his slant to the story its all coming together. The ambient music is superb (in Harmans Room). The only fly in the ointment is lack of WS, progressive & 5.1 sound support. This would have been the cherry on top of the cake.

I know I am soooo late to the Party, but for those looking for something different and off the wall, go for it. It plays like a slick B-Movie with all the usual racial stereotypes thrown in. For me Game of the Year so far, surpassing Resident Evil 4 which although magnificent plays more "by the book".

Comment

Edit: Pfft. Channel 5 and their constant changing schedule. No seven multiple personalities (and partially Killer 7 relevant) documentary on show.
                Last edited by Concept; 08-09-2005, 21:34.

Comment

Bought Killer 7 on the spur of the moment yesterday (I know a little late to the party but you know how GT4 & DMC3 can hog a PS2) anyway what can I say which hasn't already been said. Brilliant, it just grabbed me right from the start. It oozes quality and creativity.

Looking forward to spending time in the company of Killer 7 tonight.

Comment

Dare i say this?

Just finished it and tbh couldn't wait for it to end. Very stylish and cool initially but for me the linearness of it became a bit of a chore. Loved it for the first three quarters but guess i just lost a bit of interest.

Hats off to Capcom though for pushing the boat out.

Comment

Not having much spare time is rather annoying but cherish it more, anyway upto LV3 now. Killer 7 is ace, loving the 7 personalities though Dan is my fave. I know its minor but the saving screen is superb, its just like yeah this is a quality package.

Killer 7 sort of reminds me/evokes similar feeling of ZOE2.

Comment

I hated this for the first 30 minutes or so and stopped playing it for a while.

Played it last night for a bit and wow! it just clicked toward the end of the first level and I started to really get into it. The story exposition between level 1 and 2 helped too, as now I have a better idea of wtf is going on!

Level 2 is class, much better than the lame corridors of the opener. I think I'm nearly at the end of 2 now, the bridge has just been lowered...

Been playing a lot as Kaede, as she looks cool and the Zoom on her weapon is great for maximum blood harvest. She dies with one hit though...

Comment

have to agree, this is one game that gets better and better the more you play, especially if you think how much of a chore it seems at the start and how much of a pleasure it is to play as you near the latter stages!

Quite boombastic , telefantastic...

Comment

Well, been taking this one a bit slow but finally finished it last night.

Wow! Basically just? Wow!

The game set out to be as surreal as it was stylish and it succeeded in doing both ? and then some. Blistering pacing, excellent puzzles (and not too taxing overall either) and a plot that just had me shouting ?What is going on??!!? at the TV the whole time.

My head is bursting with it all now, so I?m going to ramble on about what I think was going on. Sorry if some of you have already discussed these points ? I?ve had a quick skim through but I?m going to go back and have a full read of this thread later

Plot Discussion:

I guessed quite early on that Garcian was, at the very least, one of the only few real personalities in the Smith clan. The give away was the switch back to him whenever there was a video camera around.

My take on it is that he?s got powers that allow him to absorb the skills and personalities of the people he kills. Either that or he can speak to them and even control them after they?re dead ? hence him being able to switch between the Killer 7 personalities at will and being able to see Travis and Iwazaru throughout the course of the game (as well as other dead people like Suzie or enemies like Ulmeyda).

What I don?t get about Iwazaru is that I?m pretty sure it was the young Harman that threw him off the roof in one of the cutscenes?! Would that indicate that Emir has the ability to call on the spirits of the dead not only from the people he has killed but those that Harman killed too? That might explain Travis popping up all the time (as he was Harman?s first target).

Harman (the wheelchair version) was clearly Emir / Garcians mentor when he was still at school ? the tapes in the last level and the portrait on the wall pretty much say that. I don?t think Garcian killed Harman and that he is still actually physically alive in the trailer home (as well as in Garcian's head and he mostly contacts him through the power of TV) but its clear that he still holds the old man in high regard. Which is why I think it was him that flipped out and killed Samantha towards the end, after he saw what she was doing to his mentor (who seems to be nothing more than a vegetable in real life ? the key part of him living on in Garcian / Emir?s head).

Samantha seems to be part of Garcian's head fantasy too ? or at least part of her does. The maid version is clearly the part of her he needs, while the abusive trailer trash version is the part he has to put up with in order to get by. Though it would seem that he didn?t need her after all as the Butler / Servants then step in to take her place.

As for the Forbidden Room, that seems to be where he keeps the personalities when he can?t handle them anymore or just needs a break from them. There?s a mixture of different sounds in there, some sound like the Killer 7 clan and some definitely don?t. Maybe compartmentalising them in a special symbolic room is the only way for him to get some respite (as I?m pretty sure jamming multiple personalities in your head must get pretty noisy on times).
                            Seems that Harman and Kun Lan are in there keeping each other company ? almost like Garcian needed someone to keep Harman?s personality occupied, someone who was his equal so that the old mans persona could be kept entertained.

But that said, I don?t understand why Harman was so shocked when Garcian / Emir walked in. Maybe he made some kind of pact with the old man that he wouldn?t intrude on him in there? Which could explain why Kun Lan thought it was so funny, almost as if Garcian betrayed the old mans trust a bit.

As for whether the Killer 7 were a group of assassins before Emir killed them, it?s a though one. There are reasons for and against (such as the young Harman explaining at the end that all of them were killed except their leader). I could see why people would think they were (Dan Smith and Coyote in particular) but it?d be highly unlikely that a 13-year-old kid could take out a bunch of trained assassins. I mean, if Coyote wasn?t clever enough to figure out his opponent was flanking him, then he deserved to be shot.

Unless Emir was that powerful even then? And as it would have been around 30 years ago its possible that the young Harman then took Emir under his wing after he wiped out the whole of his team?

All that and I haven?t even started trying to get my head around the whole US / JPN conflict, Blackthorn and Ulmeyda parts yet

One thing that did surprise me was that it wasn?t until I read the credits that I realised that Howling Mad Murdock, Liquid Snake, Alfred from Tim Burton?s Batman, and Timmy Turner from Fairly Odd Parents were all in it doing the voice work

Oh and tbh it?s all about the Handsome Men

Comment

Dwight Schultz rocks the party! And the handsome man section is hilarious, I especially like the retro style 'congratulations' sequence.

Comment

End game plot discussion... my ten penneth!

I'm trying to get my head around the plot in this game. I think there are a lot of small details that throw you off the overall big picture to be honest so it's tricky. Harman and Kun Lan were both born in 1750, so it's plainly apparent that both are more than human. I believe them to be 'demi-gods' of their respective nations, they don't always meet eye to eye, but they share a mutual respect and a love of chess. Their ultimate goal however, is to preserve the ballance of each nation.

Garcian/Emir Parkreiner is a spanner in the works. He is broken. He has three eyes (in Emir's form) and represents chaos and destruction. Much like the Devil himself... Harman kills Emir at some point, and as we know, Harman absorbs what he kills when they meet 'certain criteria'... only Emir is different. He's a virus, like eating bad chicken, and he confuses Harman and weakens him. Garcian becomes Harman's dominant personality, and at some point Harman is wounded and crippled by Dan (a personality of the '7' so maybe it was a case of self-harm?)

This subconsious dominance of Harman's personality throws the order of things out of ballance as Harman is unable to interfere, resulting in the West gaining the upper hand on the East (firing missiles upon them in 2010). Kun Lan is obviously unhappy with this so sets about a chain of events that will ultimately weaken Garcian/Emir's hold over Harmon and restore the ballance. This is the chain of events played through in the game.

At the end of the game, we see Harman and Kun Lan once again locked in good natured combat and order has been restored...

Some more info can be found here:

Comment

Working...
                                X