Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sengoku Cannon PSP

Got this today.
    Psikyo's back! Anyway, I thought that this would be similar to the other Sengoku Ace games but it's different thanks to the new Cannon shot. Gameplay is similar to the previous games, however, there is a new way of scoring using the Cannon shot.
    Every enemy has a life gauge. By destroying enemies with the Cannon shot you get a multiplier (1-10) upon killing them which is proportional to the amount of life remaining upon destroying them. So destroying enemies with next to no life yields the maximum multiplier X10. Also, all enemy bullets turn into coins when destroyed with the Cannon shot. There's just one hunch, by using the Cannon shot more than once on an enemy, no multiplier is awarded and the bullets do not turn into coins. So it's important to kill enemies at the last moment to get maximum points. This game has a lot of depth with it's unique scoring system.
    Graphics (2D/3D visuals) are pretty good and the music is fantastic. Great artwork also.
    If you like shooters and you have a PSP buy this game!

Finally a decent game (and a shmup no less) worth owning on the PSP that isn't one of the launch titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
      Finally a decent game (and a shmup no less) worth owning on the PSP that isn't one of the launch titles.
      Definetely. Been waiting a long time for this and I finally have it!
      Suits the PSP's screen perfectly.

Comment

Great stuff, hopefully mine will ship this evening from NCSX.

I've never playing a Sengoku Ace game before - is it more akin to Gradius?

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
          Great stuff, hopefully mine will ship this evening from NCSX.

I've never playing a Sengoku Ace game before - is it more akin to Gradius?
          It's similar in that it's a horizontal shooter. Just noticed that some of the bosses bullet patterns are similar to those of Cave games. Not as intense though!

Comment

I've never playing a Sengoku Ace game before
            Buy my copy of Psikyo Collection Vol.2 that's for sale then and you'll have the whole series!

Had high hopes for this, sounds great. Cheers for the imprerssions, venom. Hopefully my copy will ship soon (along with Star Soldier & Tenchu Shinobi Taizen) Finally some PSP games to look forward to, plus WE9UE in a matter of weeks...

Comment

Does this force you to update your PSP firmware like the Space Invaders pack does?

That's the only thing putting me off ordering it at the mo.

Comment

With Sengoku Cannon, nanostray & Mushi all hitting in the last week or 2, it's (once again) a happy time for shooters - spoilt for choice!

Venom - any chance of any video? Or is it too difficult to capture from a PSP?

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D
                  With Sengoku Cannon, nanostray & Mushi all hitting in the last week or 2, it's (once again) a happy time for shooters - spoilt for choice!

Venom - any chance of any video? Or is it too difficult to capture from a PSP?
                  Was thinking about it, but have no idea how to!

Comment

No worries mate - will settle for more impressions as they come

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                      Does this force you to update your PSP firmware like the Space Invaders pack does?

That's the only thing putting me off ordering it at the mo.
                      I don't think so. No messages of that sort have popped up. Although my PSP's firmware is 1.5 so it may update your firmare if you have version 1.

Comment

Is it possible to do vids of PSP games venom?

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                          Is it possible to do vids of PSP games venom?
                          I have no idea how to mate. What leads would I need?

Comment

Sorry havent a clue

i still havent got a psp yet need more convincing are there any more shooters planned?

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
                              I don't think so. No messages of that sort have popped up. Although my PSP's firmware is 1.5 so it may update your firmare if you have version 1.
                              gah, I really want this, but I don't want to lose all my emulated stuff (not that I play it that much...

Comment

Working...
                              X