Pac 'n Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesS
    A lot of those early levels are actually better designed than they first seem, but it's only when you're against the clock that you actually have to play them well.
    Totally agree. The challenge and time trials make you look at the levels and deal with them in a totally different way to when you are playing the main game.

Comment

I'm struggling to do the massive boss level on World 6. I can get to the fourth section (I think) but just keep losing lives.

Any tips?

Comment

Just got this game today, thanks to PAs deal of the week

I have to say I'm really enjoying it actually!

I've only done world 1 but instead of moving onto world 2 I'm sticking around world 1 to tackle some of the challenges...

From what I've seen so far there are 2 different power ups you can collect. 1. Metal Helmet - This allows you to sink in water, break metal boxes and take hits from environmental hazards. 2. Feather Cap - this allows you to move really fast, float on water and float longer in the air too.
        You have a dash move where slashing the screen from 1 edge to the other through Pacman will cause him the shoot forward with a burst of speed.
        You can also stop him dead too by holding the stylus on him

Graphics are fairly simple, but not ugly. It would have been nice to have a zoom in and out feature to the camera but its not really important. The camera is at a good distance to see everything you need to see as you play and you can also rotate it.

Sound - same as the graphics, simple, cheery.

Control is pretty solid. I thought he would be a lot harder to control but he is actually quite 'sticky' to your movements which allows some good precision.

Ghosts appear quite clued up and chase you down to an enjoyable degree. When ghosts actually catch you they move to the touch screen and swam around Pacman and you must tap them constantly to get rid of them, if you don't, you lose health

Definitely some good replay value here.

After you finish a level you can play it again to collect all pellets as well as hidden crystals.

There is a time attack mode for every level where you have get to the end of the level as fast as possible...And let me tell you the times are tough! You really have to fly!

Lastly there is a challenge mode to every level where you have a time limit to collect all the pellets (with a different pellet set up to the original time through the level) which requires some pre-planning and strategy

All in all not a bad little game at all! I wasn't expecting much and I'm pleasantly surprised as to how much I'm enjoying it so far. Definitely worth the ?11 I paid for it off PA. People should definitely check it out.

Pac 'n Roll for Nintendo DSPlay with Pac-Man like a track ball and use your stylus to control his every movementExplore stages in various worlds from Castle Pac to the Gyro-Jungle and Ghost LandPower-up with items from a feather hat to armorIncludes original Pac-Man arcade classicThe evil Ghost Golvis turns Pac-Man into a sphere and you need to help him save his friends and family.Castle Pac is celebrating the large crop of power pellets gathered, when the Harvest Festival is suddenly disturbed by a UFO that emits a Ghost Beam, turning Pac-Land into Ghost-Land. Suddenly attacked by the large monster ...
        Last edited by Goemon; 04-11-2005, 23:04.

Comment

Working...
        X