Advance Wars DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advance Wars DS

My wife got me Advance Wars DS as an early b-day present last night. I'm really enjoying it so far. AW has always been one of the games that screamed for stylus-control and dual screens. The interface is entirely point and click and works really well. The only omission is you have to press A to enter the menu to select "end turn." It's a small thing, but being a right-handed-stylus-weilder it would have been much better with either a clickable icon or assigned to one of the shoulder buttons.

So far I've only played 10 of the campaign missions. They're the typical train-as-you-go missions. There's several other gameplay modes, including a real-time mode, but I haven't had time to explore them yet. AW supports wireless play, and download wireless, but I don't know anyone with a DS so I can't say how well it works.

The character designs and sprites are the same as the GBA versions. The main character is now Jake. He uses slang, which is sometimes funny and more often not. I miss the winning corniness of Andy.

OMGSPOILARZ:

If you have either the AW or AW2 cartridge in your DS, you can purchase hidden extras from the store.

Already a thread on this game mate:

Comment

Damn, and I searched and everything. Sorry, please delete.

Comment

Working...
      X