Namco Museum: battle collection (psp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Namco Museum: battle collection (psp)

got this today - shipped from Movietyme for ?23 and it arrived in 2 days, which was nice

anyway the original Japanese version had the following games:
    Pac-man
    Ms Pac man
    Galaxian
    Galaga
    Rally X
    New Rally X
    Dig Dug
    Pac man arrangement
    Galaga arrangement
    New rally X arrangement
    Dig Dug arrangement

The US version has all of those plus the following:
    Xevious
    Bosconian
    Rolling Thunder
    Mappy
    Tower of Druaga
    Dragon Buster
    Grobda
    Motos
    Dig Dug 2
    King & Ballon

this collection is very very good and rolling thunder alone makes this a worth purchase. If you've never played or seen this before, its old classics plus 4 games which have been given the REmake treatment

out of the arrangement section Galaga and Pac-man really stand out

definately worth picking up

Any reason why it is called BATTLE COLLECTION?

Comment

Rolling thunder......that brings back memories. loved that game back in the day!

Please lets have some more impressions of how it plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
        Any reason why it is called BATTLE COLLECTION?
        it doesnt really mention anything in the manual but on the back it states
        taking full advantage of the PSP's wireless connectivity challenge or team up with 3 of your friends on some of gamings greatest franchises

it also have a share option as well - all you need is 1 umd game and you can send the games to a pals PSP

Rolling thunder was a nice addition, i didnt actually know it was on there until it arrived and its pretty much perfect

now that Namco Museum 50th Anniversary has been sent from vg+ i will be playing Rolling Thunder on my Gamecube in no time

Comment

Got this Saturday and am impressed with overall quality of the conversions and number of games, Galaxian & Galaga are great, it's not been mentioned already, but all games can be played in a square window in centre of screen or full screen which isn't as distorted as it sounds, and Galaga can be played in proper TATE mode

Well worth picking up for all retro fans.

Comment

I think almost everything works in TATE mode David - Xevious & Pacman certainly do although it can make them look a bit "off"

Comment

Working...
            X