Taito Memories VOL 2 (Gekan)

Got this bad boy today and again impressions are excellent

25 games again with 5 locked, the games that are locked are:
    Qix
    Elevator action
    Front Line
    New Zealand story
    Gun Frontier

These can be unlocked or by playing the game for a few hours but, with this pack i got a little booklet called the taito memories book, this wasnt included in the Jouken pack, its a well made book with information on every game on the collection with arcade machine pictures, screenshots and marquees/flyers

but inside that was a small plasticy folder with open on the top left hand corner and pictures of 5 games on the outside (the locked ones) and when you peel it open inside is the cheat to activate all the games from the word go - which means instant New Zealand Story

L2, R2, R1, L1, SELECT, START

as usual a lovely package of games and i think owning both the Joukan and gekan are essential - i will also purchase the uk version for the games that are not on these - but again if you want elevator action returns you know which game to import

i have attached photos of the items i've discussed and just to point out the taito memories book isnt the instruction manual - there is one of those as well

for me the best games on this are:
    New Zealand Story
    Puzzle Bobble 2
    Elevator Action
    Violence Fight
    Raystorm
    G Darius

Yeah, I got this today as well, and the book (I also got the Joukan book ), but haven't unsealed it yet.

Looking forward to checking it out though.

Comment

Also got mine today with memories book (my Joukan had a memories book too).

Worth it for New Zealand Story alone - one of my all-time favourites. I'm just happy I finally get to own an arcade-perfect home version complete with all warps and heaven levels

Comment

Where did you get volume 1 from that came with the book. Mine was without ;_;

Comment

mine should turn up early next week

with any luck the uk version should be waiting for me at work as well

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
            New Zealand story

Comment

Originally posted by C'
              Where did you get volume 1 from that came with the book. Mine was without ;_;
              Was Yesasia for me.

Comment

Finally got this today. Like the previous pack, it's a great compilation. It's great that they've chosen such a wide range of games. A lot of retro packs focus quite narrowly on the early 80s, but this has stuff ranging over nearly 20 years. My only real complaint is that I could've done with less versions of Space Invaders, especially as many of them are already available on the Space Invaders Anniversary pack.

Does anybody know if there's a way to turn off the background images on the vertical games? I can't see anything obvious in the options (though they're all in Japanese so I could be missing something). I find them a bit distracting, and they're not particularly nice-looking anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X