Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (DS)

Got this today from Movietyme and so far am loving it.

The game starts of very text heavy (i am glad i did not go get the Jap version). it is basicly just setting the storyline (nothing of interest yet).

the game is very very easy to pick up and play and takes the good parts from the GBA games and adds to them.

In this version the bottom screen is a map, you have to move yourself over the map (with the stylus) and when the target changes to green you know a dualist is in the area. If you scan that area it should turn red and you will be faced with a dualist. So far i have come across 6 dualists all ahve been level 1 or 2 so this is a good place to start you as the deck you start off with is 95% rubbish. When you win a dual you get points which can be spent in the shop. These points are used to buy boosters or used to use the password machine (to put your own cards into the game).

The interface and everything i have come across so far have been touch screen operated.

One of the main problems with the GBA games were the slow computer players and the endless questions everytime you set a card now you can breeze through a turn with the use of the touch screen, its games like this that the DS was made for.

In a dual it is very easy to set/play/summon cards all you do is click the card in your deck then click the option on the side of the screen you want (set, summon, activate).

I would say the computer A I has improved a lot, the will not just blindly attack your face down cards now they will weigh up what is on the feild and i have managed to trick the computer with a face down magic card (the GBA games they would see though this).

I have only been playing about an hour so can't give to much detailed impressions about the game. However if you like or play yu-gi-oh you will love this and IMo its better than the GBA WCT games.

The graphics are nice they have tried to do full 3D on the top screen and this ranges depending on what is summoned some monsters look nice and some look a bit off.

the sound is just like any yu-gi-oh game however it is easy to tell its been updated since the last GBA version.

Overall if you like yu-gi-oh games you will ove this one.

Mine should be here soon

Out of interest do the monsters animate when they fight each other or is it like the naff Xbox version?

Comment

That's my sticking point as well... I want monsters that animate when you summon cards, then again when they attack each other (not, as Darran said, like the rubbish Xbox version where they moved together and the losing monster simply vanished).

Comment

Will I be at a major disadvantage if I know nothing about Yu-Gi-Oh and how it works etc?

Might get this but dont want to if I wont have a clue what to do

Comment

Woop mine turned up today, screw you Mart...

Comment

They don't even move together.

The two cards are side by side with the character in front of the card, when you attack you get a slash across the card that loses.

The game has some very comical translations.

The best one i have come across is

"you can't got out today because of slowness"
            Last edited by The Mole; 07-09-2005, 17:32.

Comment

Working...
            X