No announcement yet.

Densha de Go Yamanote Sen - Jpn PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had this a while now and I like Densha de Go Yamanote Sen ALONG with Mobile Train Simulator + DDG...
    Yeah, Mobile Train Simulator + DDG graphics are all flash but there's summat that I like about Densha de Go Yamanote Sen.
    If you forgive the pop up and the **** loads of Jap text, I think you'd like this more.
    Plus it retains the classic Densha controls for brake and accelerate too!
    Oh, I also love the bit where the conductor mentions summat about special seats for elderly, handicapped, children and preggy people along with the quiet coach announcment, where the conductor pre-warns you about using mobile phones!

Comment

I absolutely love this game, and its the first PSP game that presents a decent challenge. As the other ones all seemed a bit too difficult for me...

Can someone explain what the icons of the people in top right corner represent, just the amount of passengers? How does it affect the game?

Considering getting Mobile Train Simulator + DDG, what does the '+ DDG' mean? Is it two games in one? Does it have more routes?

Comment

The passenger icons are like a life meter - if you make mistakes you lose part of the meter and if you lose it all you have to use a continue. On higher difficulties you have a smaller meter.

The % full of the train is shown when you depart a station - it's easier when it low, but on harder levels when it is 100%+ the train is slower to accelerate and brake, making it more difficult to stop accurately. The % is based on time of day/night (and maybe weather) for the level, which is part of what determines the difficulty.

MTS+DDG (Densha de GO) has three lines of a different company which are situated in the area between Tokyo and Yokohama. There are 10 routes which operate in both directions and include both local and express variations, with extra challenges thrown in due to changing gradients and lots of signalling and and speed limits changes on higher difficulties (it is a lot more difficult than this game). You can play the same 10 routes in either DDG mode, which is quite similar to this game but with a different scoring method, or in MTS mode where you play each route as if it were an examination and have to pass the easier routes to unlock the harder examinations, so it's a lot less arcade-style.
        Last edited by r3z; 16-10-2005, 11:13.

Comment

Thanks for explaining... I think I'll pass on MTS+DDG for now, I'm busy enough unlocking everything in Yamanote-Sen!

My biggest chain so far is 32, probably nothing compared to the average player.. but I'm proud of myself.

Question, on one of the courses I received a golden, large star. What does this mean? That I finished a course without making any mistakes?

Also, what are the ways you can achieve a chain, other then keeping to the speed limit?

Are there perhaps full menu translations somewhere?

Comment

Working...
          X