Gunstar Superheroes GBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gunstar Superheroes GBA

I've been waiting a long time for Treasure to release this follow up to the Mega Drive classic, Gunstar Heroes.
    First up, the game is fantastic! Sublime visuals, great sound, and insane gameplay! In this version you can choose between 2 different characters Red and Blue and there are 3 difficulty levels to choose from. Apart from visual differences the two characters also have different weapons. You can switch between 3 different types of weapons at will and each weapon has an energy gauge which fills up as you plow your way through the numerous baddies. Once this gauge fills up you have access to the selected weapon's Sub weapon which is very powerful. Weapons aside, you can also use your sword, and perform various flying kicks. You can also do a rising uppercut ala Ryu/Ken's dragon punch!
    Need to play this a bit more to give more detailed impressions.
    This will get a caning over the weekend!

==============================

Last edited by Duddyroar; 19-10-2005, 12:40.

How's the difficulty? Some people are worried (not me) that the game looks too easy from gameplay vids.

Comment

is there a language barrier? i wouldnt have thought you would really need to read much, but then I think Astro Boy on GBA can get slightly irritating not being able to read certain things, although it's been a while since I played it so i can't remember exactly what.

Comment

Playing through normal at the mo. Will switch to hard cos it seems a bit easy. One thing I forgot to mention was that you can replay levels once you've cleared them to better your scores just like you could in Tetuswan Atom.

It's an action game so there shouldn't be any language problems unless you really want to understand the story.

Comment

Two questions does it have the weapon combining ability and what are the bosses like so far?

Comment

The boss designs are fantastic and some of the effects that the GBA is able to pull off will have your jaw on the floor!

It doesn't have the weapon combining ability but the new moves and sub weapons make up for that.

Comment

Happy, sounds like alls turned out well, which is a relief!

Comment

One thing i did like about gunstar heroes is the non weapon moves like the throws and that jumping attack move.That jumping attack move i felt was a bit to powerful how powerful are the moves in this game? (the dragon punch style move sounds good)

Comment

Pretty powerful but you'll need them as the enemies don't stop coming!

Comment

Does it actually have any characters from the original game? like Orange

Comment

It's great to hear it looks good.. any slowdown?

Comment

Haven't noticed any slow down as of yet. That's one the reasons as to why I'm so impressed!

Comment

Is there an option to have the gun 'fixed' to fire a certain direction whist you run another way?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
                            Is there an option to have the gun 'fixed' to fire a certain direction whist you run another way?
                            Yeah but you'll end up running backwards if you know what I mean.
                            The R button allows you to stay on the spot and shoot. The B button allows you to shoot whilst running. Holding the R and B buttons together allows you to fire in a fixed position whilst running.

Comment

Sounds great. Cheers for the impressions

Comment

Working...
                              X