Pinball (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinball (PSP)

Not exactly a big name release but got this yesterday (for the Mrs tbh) the game is only played in TATE mode using X button for left flipper and triangle button for right flipper (though most buttons can be configured).

Pinball contains two different tables, all very colourful and well detailed, with plenty of scope for high scoring combo’s, both tables again show off the quality of the PSP screen (in the same vain as Hudson’s other PSP game Star Soldier). I was initially worried that it would be difficult to see the ball on the tables but it’s not a problem at all, should point out also that the flipper control is very responsive.

The tables can also be played in two forms of an Attack Mode; one where you have to score a million points as quickly as possible and the second where you have 90 seconds to get as high a score as possible – one of these or the "normal play" is connected to a online ranking system, my scores so far aren’t good enough to actually get any codes yet - or work out which one it is.

It’s a very “bare-bones” Pinball conversion which is great to pick up and play for a few minutes, but can’t see there being much long-term appeal, except for the obvious “must beat my best score” attraction.

Can't think of much else to say, overall, a decent playable Pinball conversion, though if your not a Pinball fan, can’t see it converting you.

Link to couple of screenshots courtesy of Lik-Sang.

Oh and importantly my Mrs really likes it

==============================

Last edited by Duddyroar; 19-10-2005, 14:25. Reason: updated and corrected some details

Hmmm - Doesn't look too bad tbh!

Comment

I think the first table is cool - but I hate the second table. You cant 'see' exactly where to shoot. You end up trying to aim at something significant ..once you flick the ball suddenly bounces back. I found it very difficult to see the exact table layout.

One for the missus methinks

Comment

Worked out that you need to score over 100 million on table two on normal Arcade play to get a code for the ranking, as my top score is only 2.2 million think I'll give up now, seems only 8 JPN players have achieved the feat.

Comment

Hudson sure like their tate games.

As far as pinbal games go I'd say this one was below average. Hudson could have at least used some of their bigger IPs, a Bomberman table would have been great.

Comment

I'm quite liking this. I'm **** at it but its still fun!

Even if just for the quirckiness of playing my PSP sideways!

Comment

Originally posted by lll_r0ssco_lll
              Even if just for the quirckiness of playing my PSP sideways!
              You want to check out star soldier mate best sideways PSP action yet!

Comment

Meh, I'm not really into games like that. Just had a wee look there.

About Pinball, whats Gamesharing like? I was gonna try it today in work but never got round to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mu5
                  You want to check out star soldier mate best sideways PSP action yet!
                  I'd like to check out Star Soldier but I was wondering is there a PAL release coming up soon, or am I best to import - if so, can you recommend somewhere to get it from (VG+ or lik-sang maybe)?

[EDIT]Actually, scratch that - I've just had a look and I would be able to order it from either of those 2 sites, and I'll go with VG+ as they seem to deliver quicker![/EDIT]
                  Last edited by funkydan; 20-10-2005, 07:36.

Comment

Working...
                  X