Animal Crossing: Wild World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Concrete donkey
    After being Hooked on DS wifi these last few weeks, I finally went live with my 360 Tuesday night, not touching it with my previous xbox. However, now the Nintendo Wifi adapter won't work and I've being stuck playing offline Animal Crossing with Newt since. My attempts to fix it yesterday just made things worse. Any suggestions ?

if you are on windows xp go into control panel and switch off the windows firewall. That worked for me.

Comment

Windows Firewall is off, as I use Zone Alarm, but it wouldnt work even when that was off.

At first the software wouldnt even run, the icon on the windows task bar greyed out. When I tried to reinstall it, the DS would link to the software, but couldnt log online, and 360 Live stopped working. Had to uninstall Nintendo just to get the 360 to work again. Now I know why I spent years ignoring the entire online gaming scene.

Comment

Dlittley, details of that are in the instructions I think but you should be able to figure most of it out by speaking to Copper at the gate.

Comment

Cool thanks, I thought the manual was pretty vague, was expecting alot more, but I guess the game introduces you into things gradually. Just need to find the gate now

Comment

Well I think its more that it's a pretty simple procedure, which is why there isn't too much detail in the manual. Providing the DS can make contact with your wireless network, Copper will handle the rest!

Comment

I'm very impressed hosainh! How long have you been playing the game for? Be interested to see how many hours you had to put in to progress so far...

Comment

don't think this has been posted yet but it might help some of you out (maybe?)

Nintendo Updates WiFi Connector Software -

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                  Well I think its more that it's a pretty simple procedure, which is why there isn't too much detail in the manual. Providing the DS can make contact with your wireless network, Copper will handle the rest!
                  Cool. I literally have just strarted (just been told by Nook to go visit the other animals in my town) so perhaps I should have waited before asking here - I guess I would have been directed there sooner or later. I can see im going to love it though, found myself wanting to log in this morning at 8am because the shop was closed last night when I played!!

Comment

i've taken to playing for ten minutes before i go to work now too....just have to keep looking in, just to make sure i'm not missing anything. and as it turns out, i was. yesterday morning i met dr shrunk and learned the shy emotion, and this morning shot down gulliver in his ufo.
                    hopefully i will get some cool reward for helping him put it back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
                      i've taken to playing for ten minutes before i go to work now too....just have to keep looking in, just to make sure i'm not missing anything. and as it turns out, i was. yesterday morning i met dr shrunk and learned the shy emotion, and this morning shot down gulliver in his ufo.
                      hopefully i will get some cool reward for helping him put it back together.
                      Yes you do.

Helping Gulliver is the only way to get the Metroid house item, so good luck with the gift! I'm looking for it myself!

Some people on GameFAQs are paying 800k+ for a Metroid and I can see why - I've seen one in someone's house, small but looks good.

Comment

you lot better save me some cool stuff, my copy should be here in a few days

Comment

I'll let you catalog my arwing, triforce and master sword.

Talking of which, I haven't checked to see if my arwing's arrived yet!

Comment

i dunno what that means but cool!

Comment

Yeah what do you mean by 'cataloging' other peoples items?

Comment

Every item in the game you hold, gets added to a catalog. Think Pokedex.

Once you've got an item in your catalog, you can mail order it from Tom Nook for a certain amount of bells - However some more rare-ish items like the Halo or the Gyroids, can't be mail ordered but will still appear in your catalog.

The Master Sword, Triforce and Arwing can all be catalogged and mail ordered from Nook. So if you grab one, hold it then drop it again, you can buy it for yourself in your own town.

Comment

Working...
                                X