Taito Touch Game Party DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taito Touch Game Party DS

Got this today from Play-Asia for just over ?7 (Inc postage), I am glad I did not shell out ?25 on it.

The game centres around 7 games:

Darts: Very fun for 10 minutes, you use the touch screen to flick the darts on the board.

Switch: Some may know this as Uno and this is one of the best games on the cart.

Pairs: find hidden pairs of cards, as well as having the normal game cards you also have cards that make you miss a turn or change the order.

Reversi: Exactly that

Word Find: The only game you can't play without a good knowledge of Japanese and even if you do know some basics (like me) it?s not that fun anyway.

Bug Splat: I am at a loss as to why this game is on the cart they would have done better going with Mahjong or Mahjong Tiles. You have to splat different colour bugs that fly about a bedroom.

Next Card: My favourite game on the cart. You are given 5 cards and 2 community cards, you are playing against a computer player the idea is to rid your hand by placing the next card on one of the community piles. Once you place a card, you draw another card from your hand. The first person to get rid of their hand wins. You are playing the whole time you don't have turns so it?s the person that is the quickest.

The game consists of a story mode, multiplayer and free play mode.

The story mode is all about getting good at the 7 games on offer. You start off at level 1 and work your way to level 5 by playing each of the games over until you win or beat the computer.

Multiplayer mode requires 2 carts so I don't know how good it is. All the games are very simple so I don't know why 1 cart mode was left off.

Free Play is just that, play and game on any difficulty.

Overall the game is quite poor; I can't see myself getting more than a couple of goes out of the majority of the games. The game would improve if it had a 1 cart multiplayer mode; I am still at a loss as to why it was not included.

The game contains 3 great games, 2 average games and 2 rubbish games and none of the games have the depth/options to warrant a purchase at full price. TBH the ?5 it cost me was about ?3 to much.

It almost feels like these games were going to be extras on another game but somebody thought why not lets sell them rather then give them away.

The graphics are nothing special, and the music/sound is very repetitive.

This is one to avoid unless you are after a cheap way to play Uno/Reversi on the move.

Sould anybody want to import its very easy to play/understand and the game has a slight Japanese/English mix to make it a bit easier to understand. The options are all japanese, but the in game text is English, well in some cases Engerish.

Taito touch game party? Isn't this a game by Nintendo?

Comment

Nope

Taito Touch Party

Comment

aha! I got this...

Mixed up with this...
        Touch Game Party for Nintendo DSTouch Game Party is a compilation of seven simple games, including "Reversi", "Darts", "Obake", "Sinkei", "Speed", "Pageone" and "Seek Words". The game uses the stylus function for an easy input and control. The main game is displayed on the Nintendo DS™ top screen, while further information (such as the score, etc.) are provided on the touch screen.

Comment

Ah no probs.

Unless you fancy being entertained for 30 minutes stay well away from Taito.

Comment

Working...
          X