Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4

It arrived at 12:06 on Monday.

First off, what an intro! All the GNT games have had cool opening FMV's but this one was awesome beyond belief.
    In the actualy game the first thing that struck me was the odd new look of the menu. You have the options of 3man combat, single player, story, and the standard game options etc, with new menu items unlockable.

The first fight me and my GNT buddy had to play out was of course Naruto Vs Sasuke. Imagine my suprise when I hold back and A for Naruto to do his Sexy no Jutsu but he creates a fully independent Kage Bushin instead! OMG What an awesome change!!
    I win the fight then go looking for the story mode which was harder to find than in the previous games and play through it for a bit. When I finish with it a message pops up, some kind of challenge I though might unlock a new character. I fight through the challenge to find no one has been unlocked so decide to go looking for the shop to start buying stuff but the shop has gone!!

Now instead of buying levels and characters etc from the item shop you have to complete a certain number of missions (those ones that pop up) with certain characters.
    Personally I much preferred the shop and the survival mode to earn cash to this new mission based unlocking system.
    This is the only bad point about the game I can see so far.

The one on one or multi player fights are better than ever with sharper graphics, newer and better moves and an improved (in my opinion) control system of which my only gripe is the removal of being able to use the Dpad instead of the stick.

All in all so far an awesome addition to an amazing series of games.

9/10

Any change to the actual fighting engine? perhaps with more special moves or different combos?

Comment

Got this today, there don't seem to be many changes from ver 3

The old characters are almost unchanged from 3. Only Naruto has some new stuff. There is no drunk-fu for Rock Lee

There are some new costumes for the Sand characters which is nice.

The main new thing about this game is 3v3 Marvel Vs Capcom style battles, which have the potential to be cool.

There is a new menu system that has confused me greatly considering I can't read much japanese. Still that is what gamefaqs is for.

I bet when I unlock a few new characters I will be liking this more, but for now I am a little disappointed.

Comment

Working...
      X