Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody's Golf PS2

Couldn't spot a thread for this....

Been out for a good few weeks now, I picked it up before I went away and spent a few evenings with it. Must say I am loving it. Still not quite as good as the original Everbody's on PS1 (remarkably!), it is still a funny, charming and immensely playable golf title, and one with a lot of unlockables and hidden depth.

Pros: Massive lifespan, with loads to unlock, nice difficulty curve, classic Everybody's gameplay, wide range of well designed courses and characters, beautiful graphics, impressive front end, tried and tested EG camera, some nice humor in places, cracking minigames like putting and mini-golf

Cons: putting green has been altered somewhat, and may take some getting used to. The actual shot power bar is also a lot quicker, so your timing will need to be worked upon before you are hitting the powerful drives every time. The English voices are often annoying and poor - for example an ageing Japanese golfer has a cockney accent - most unnerving. Occasionally cheap AI - two holes-in-one in one round of VS mode grates somewhat

There you go. I am a massive Everybody's nut, so obviously I was always going to love this anyway....

It's good but I found it too similar to the PSP version, which I'd played to death. It also suffers from the same problem as that game whereby you reach a certain point where you find yourself simply playing to unlock stuff as opposed to playing for fun.

Comment

Working...
    X