Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOCOM: FireTeam Bravo (PSP NTSC-U)

Wowwowow!

This game is superb. It has single player missions similiar to the PS2 SOCOMs but they are much more indepth and require alot of thinking. The GFX are astounding, I'd say probably the best I've seen on the PSP. The best part though, is that its Internet Online enabled so you can play people online, there are thousands of people playing this game in the US now. No lag that I can detect and the fact you don't have a mic makes it better in my view (no more screaming twats) although Sony are about to release a headset for the PSP! (pics in the game).

If you have a PSP and like FPS then this has to be on your letter to Santa.
    Last edited by NeilMcRae; 26-11-2005, 08:33.

here is a screen

Comment

some more:
      Attached Files

Comment

how do the controls work out wihtout the second analogue?

Is there much to the single player game?

keep up the impressions

/no1

Comment

Theoretically should be much harder to hack and cheat, right? That wrecked SOCOM on the PS2.

Comment

I loved the original online on the PS2, will deffo try this out. Any more info on the single player would be nice, cos tbh the I thought the other games on the PS" were terrible for single player stuff.

Comment

If you haven't played SOCOM 3 you should get this also (I've always been a big socom fan)

The controls take a bit of getting used to. You use the L button to strafe and the R direction button changes the nub from fwd/back/left/right to freelook. Doesn't sound too good but it works well. You use the R shoulder button to lock on to enemies. Its a comprimsed setup no doubt but it still works well.

The lock on system makes it a little bit easier than SOCOM on the PS2 but its still great stuff, you can opt for freelook which actually gives you more accuracy, esp with sniping.

The game is tied to SOCOM 3 in terms of where you go, and the places and as you progress through the missions there are multiple secondary objectives that when you complete unlock new chars new weapons etc. There is a bit of a vague story going on but I haven't been paying attention to it.

Neil.

Comment

oh cool.
                I just got the PSP and PS2 to link up and sync information, whats really cool is that you get intel from the missions that you complete that help you in other missions cross platform! If only the cube/gameboy doomed linkup had something like that!

Neil.

Comment

going to pick one of these up when I'm in the US next week:

Comment

Is good fun this. Only 14 story-line missions, but it has a skirmish mode whereby you can pick a map and one of 5 game types to play against random bots. So seems like a decent amount of replayability.

Of course the other big draw is online, i think there was about 4000 yanks playing it last night, and with the optional headset you get to chat. Fairly lagless, and great to play when a bit pissed, as the auto-aim means you will suck a whole lot less than games needing ones full senses.

A number of us are going to try to get on this Friday (6th Jan, 2100ish), and a few NTSC-UKers means we could possibly do a UK only room; NeilMcRae and others(?) all welcome.

Comment

I played Socom 2 to death online and really want the PSP game. Any word on the UK release date?

Comment

The PAL version of SOCOM 3 is apparently due about the 20th of Feb, so one would assume FTB would be released not too long after. Of course it might not be for another 6 months, but no. No real firm dates yet as far as i know.

EDIT: tonight's details: Game on at 2100 hours GMT, Friday 6/01/06, "US EAST 4" room, game called "WAC & UKers". My username is "Stinja".

I'll try to get on and set it up earlier, and this assumes 4 exists, which if it doesnt look for the game in room 3 (etc).
                        Last edited by Zed; 06-01-2006, 09:25.

Comment

Hi!

I know I`m reviving an old thread but are you guys still enjoying this game and maybe playing it online?

I ordered a PSP and this game yesterday. Saw it on gamespot and thought it looked like a 3rd person counter strike game. I haven`t played the PS2 incarnations and am looking forward to this from what I`ve seen.

When I`ve got it all set up I`d like to play some of you guys online if you still play.

Comment

Yes i still play. NTSC-UK numbers are low/disorganised, but i'm in this clan with mixed yank/brits/and token kiwi - http://pgrevolution.com/ <invokes evil voice> "Come join us...."

Comment

Originally posted by Zed
                              Yes i still play. NTSC-UK numbers are low/disorganised, but i'm in this clan with mixed yank/brits/and token kiwi - http://pgrevolution.com/ <invokes evil voice> "Come join us...."
                              Cheers Zed I might just do that. It hasn`t arrived yet from Liksang but if I like it enough (I`m sure I will) I`ll drop by your site and get some games on with you guys

Comment

Working...
                              X