Initial D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlie angel
    Now, who's going the whole hog & getting game+wheel+memory cards etc?
    That would be me waiting with baited breath for my Sega Direct boxset. 8)

Comment

Man, I bought the SAKURA unit mainly for this release a while back. Last time I was this excited in a racer release was the summer Sega Rally 2 Arcade premiered.

Comment

eghamninja & Henning = savage

Just the game for me I think...

Comment

Having not been too bothered by this previously, I'm now quite excited - how's the handling? Is it RR type?

Not getting the memory card, but I got the Sega Direct version coming with wheel and goodies, oh, and Viewtiful Joe too.

Comment

Watched 1st six episodes of Second Stage last night... super stuff (although it seems much more serious than the last series), races are still thrilling, just a shame it's only 13 episodes long.

Also been having a crack at the PS1 version of ID... skiddy.

Quick question - what does Initial D mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
              Watched 1st six episodes of Second Stage last night... super stuff (although it seems much more serious than the last series), races are still thrilling, just a shame it's only 13 episodes long.

I think Second Stage suffered from only being 13 eps. Felt like the whole thing was rushed from one race to the next.

First Stage worked so well becuase the anticipation for each race got to bursting point. Remember the build up for the Takumi-Ryosuke race? When all the people came to turn the up for the race. That feeling isn't replicated in the last Second Stage race and feels slightly anticlimatic. However, there are other parts of Second Stage that I really like so I still consider it pretty good.

Comment

Is it good? Wheel compatible?

My guess: FIRST DAY

Comment

Linkage to the answer......maybe :/

Hey guys, does anyone know what Initial D means - the title itself. (?) I've just recently started watching the episodes and have just finished Stage 1. I've been listening to the soundtracks for over a year now. Great site! Needs some more traffic here on the message board.

Comment

this maybe:

He used the inertia from the first slide to initiate the drift.

Comment

D gotta be Drift? Well if you have watched first stage properly fanboys you may notice something a certain character said. So lets go back its the race with the 86 and sil eighty if you watch it again try and look out for a bit where sayuki says that something he did is "triple D" I would think D is some sort of term used in japanese street racing? Perhaps the more D you are the more skill you got. well just a guess. But it sounds right. i think

Comment

Originally posted by Henning
                        Is it good? Wheel compatible?
                        Not bad, a bit tough to get used to. Not wheel compatible, no. In fact you can't use analogue on it at all which is a bit odd.

Comment

Not bad, a bit tough to get used to. Not wheel compatible, no. In fact you can't use analogue on it at all which is a bit odd.
                          Thanks

Comment

I?ve done some digging regarding racing seat set ups and find a seat from GamePod UK that looks great. BTW the PS2 GT3 seat have a professional racing seat from Sparco. Have not find a seller here overseas.

GamePod

GameRacer

Sparco Racing Seat

GamePod GT2 in blue with Rockingham seat ? 280.00 + ? 15 shipping in the UK:

Comment

Originally posted by Henning
                              I?ve done some digging regarding racing seat set ups and find a seat from GamePod UK that looks great. BTW the PS2 GT3 seat have a professional racing seat from Sparco. Have not find a seller here overseas.

GamePod

GameRacer

Sparco Racing Seat

GamePod GT2 in blue with Rockingham seat ? 280.00 + ? 15 shipping in the UK:

I'd feel like a complete fanny sitting in one of them at home. I get funny looks from the wife as it is when I whip out my tekki controller.

Comment

Stroppa, I was thinking the same. Maybe I could just do with the GameStand and an armchair. This would possibly cut the shipping costs and be more reliable than an ironing board.

GameStand:

Comment

Working...
                                X