Clear All

Ridge Racer 6

Boxart:

Release Dates:

US -
    PAL-
    JPN -

Synopsis:

Ridge Racer gamers were screeching across the asphalt long before drift racing became a phenomenon. Now, the game that revolutionised arcade racing blazes a trail to Xbox 360, featuring hi-definition graphics, powerful sound and improved nitrous system combined with an unparalleled sense of speed.

Ridge Racer 6 on Xbox 360 comes packed with more than 130 cars and 30 circuits, the most courses in any of the series so far! For the first time ever, it will also feature online compatibility with Xbox Live? offering endless hours of drifting excitement.

Features:

♦ The Ultimate Racing Challenge - Ridge Racer 6 offers more content than any of its predecessors; featuring new modes, 30 circuits and over 130 vehicles, including 8 special cars and a classic mini-game on starting the game!

♦ New 'World Explorer' Mode - The major new feature offering more than 230 races for gamers to choose from according to their gaming style

♦ Improved Nitrous System - Unleash the nitrous and experience the intensity of new speed levels

♦ Xbox Live Features - Compete head-to-head in online races. Challenge the worldwide unified time attack ranking in Global Time Attack. Upload/download Ghost data for more challenges.

Screenshots:

Buy it Links:

Last edited by John Beaulieu; 05-12-2005, 15:48.

Ridge Racer 6 360

Let me start off by saying this game is awesome. I have to be quick, so here is a brief rundown.

Gameplay: Awesome, espscially if you love Ridge Racer. The World Xplorer is really cool. The way it is laid out is cool. You can make your own championships really, so say, if you want to race 3 tracks, select the tracks etc. However as my net is down atm, i have not been able to try online. Pacman is also kick ass. Pity its only 1 level. However, slight problem. When playing this after PGR3, the game feels 2d. Sort of like on rails. But if you like Ridge, this won't matter. And so far i have completed the first 8 tracks, and all have been too easy. Coming first without a challenge. I just hope it will get harder.

Graphics: The graphics of Ridge Racer 6 have been critised. And i cannot see why! They are awesome. Sure it doesn't "look" real, but it is smooth as and everything is really solid. I have not seen a problem with them.

Sound: Music is great. But SHUT THE ANNOUNCER UP!!! 3 times he repeated "oh oh, someone is using nitrous" and then said it again in different words. Very repetitive. Cars also sound nice.

All up this game is great. If you like Ridge Racer, you are in for a treat. Great game, and the best RR ever. Will post back more impressions of Online when i can!
    Last edited by Cuber001; 04-12-2005, 09:54.

Comment

Is this region-free, including Live play?

Comment

sorry i do not know. i have a US machine!

Comment

Originally posted by The Boatman
          Is this region-free, including Live play?

Comment

Yes its region free.

Comment

just to re-confirm - just been playing the NTSC-U version on my PAL 360 with no problems whatsoever ... well, I say no problems, but I couldn't find a single online game in either quick match or custom

Its Ridge Racers but with a bit more oomph and on a big screen

Comment

any chance of some lovely video to stare at?

Comment

Er, there is a 720p trailer on the Live Marketplace, but i know that doesn't help you out much

Comment

Played this til 2am yesterday, and it's been a long time since I've had a game that could keep me away from my bed.

It's brilliant - like someone else said it's Ridge Racers in glorious shine-o-vision with massive screen potential, and that's all anyone could surely want.

In love with Ridge Racer all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by in5ane
                      Er, there is a 720p trailer on the Live Marketplace, but i know that doesn't help you out much
                      grr, nope! silly boy so its like a big screen version of ridge racers on psp?

Comment

got mine this morning havent had long too play it - damn work! but its exactly what the doctor ordered! I havent really been absorbed by PGR3 (mainly because it's a little too real for my liking...)

As soon as you boot it up your treated to the typical in-your-face style of RR6 and it feels nice. Only managed to have a quick race and it plays exactly how you'd expect RR to play.

The graphics are a mixed bag... the cars themselves are lovely, if a little to shiny - likewise the stages except the stages aren't that detailed - it looks brill - probably not the game to show off your new machine though.

overall I think its fun and cant wait to unlock some fast cars - and go on live!

Comment

So, does the NTSC one work on Live or not with a PAL machine?

Comment

the NTSC version works over Live on a PAL machine

Comment

Got both this and PGR3 today. Will probably be subconciously comparing the two, but I'm more into arcade racers anyway...

Only had time to play this for a bit, so these are just initial impressions. Loving it so far, bit like Ridge Racers on speed. If your used to the PSP game, it can take a small while to adjust to using the 360 controller, but you soon get to grips with it.

I think people are being too critical over the graphics. Maybe it doesn't look as realistic as PGR3, but it sure does look drop dead gorgeous. It's an incredible feeling to drive over a huge suspension bridge, which huge polygonal real-time skyscrapers on either side, with another bridge passing over you, with moving cars on it. It just makes the whole thing feel so huge and grand. And at constant 60fps too, one of the few 360 titles not to have a 30fps cap.

One critisism is the announcer. I thought he was great in the PSP game, but in this outing he sounds a bit like the guy from Crazy Taxi... y'know, overdone outrageousness...
                              "Hey, Licenceplate and registration!"

The World Tour mode looks absolutely huge, gonna last me a long time, and I can't wait to Live this thing =)

Comment

Working...
                              X