Tiger Woods 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger Woods 06

Fantastic detail in the player creation and animations, but how can EA monumentally screw up the LIve aspect. Three of us spent an hour trying to create a match where all three of us were using our custom characters. If anyone can do this please let me know. The whole ease of LIVE scuppered again. Also not as smooth as Links on Xbox
    Last edited by MACO; 05-12-2005, 06:38.

Damnnn, was looking forward to this too.

Really wanted the Live part to work well, any other problems/issues?

Comment

Have only had a limited go because LIVE was the main reason for buying this, was hoping for a nice chillout game.

Comment

Bugger, that's not good to hear. Like MACO, I bought this as a relaxing chillout game, I'll give it a go later and see how I get on.

Comment

I played a match on LIVE against a random with both of us using our created characters.

Comment

So is it still done well? Theres no crappy glitches or anything? Its easy enough to play randoms? Invite your friends etc?

Is there a ranking system or anything like that too?

Comment

well finally managed to do it, but really dont know how, the setup is really bad EA logic. Framerate really chugs at points.

Comment

Been playing this most of the day. I already had Links 2003 and TW06 on the xbox1, but bought this for some online play.

Graphically, very very nice, though there are still moments during the between-shots animations where the framerate drops a bit. Not sure why, as most of the time, it handles more populated views effortlessly.

Solo mode: unlike the xbox1 version, there is no jumping directly into the tour ... you have to play a lot of "challenge" style events first, building up your skill points. These can either be "passed" or "mastered", so if you only pass them the first time, you can go back later and get even more skill points by winning by a larger margin.

Online mode: Played two quick 18-hole matches against Americans. Little bit of lag, might be better against more local players. Occasionally,, the putt that they hit would miss, then the word "BIRDIE" would appear, and the ball would disappear. It seems to "hit" the shot independently on both consoles, and certain random factors affect the trajectory differently on each, though the final result is then applied. Of course, the opposite sometimes happened too, which was nice. Never played TW online before, so this might not be a new thing.

Setting up a game wasn't too much of a problem for me, though I did find that I wasn't using my custom profile in the first game. It -is- a bit confusing, getting things set up first time, but i'll get used to it.

Big downside: only six courses! Earlier versions had over a dozen! I don't know the reasoning for this, but it was my first "WTF" moment, especially after paying an extra fiver for it in ASDA (all EA games were 5 quid more than the others!).

Second WTF moment ... I can't figure out how to save replays! Don't even think you can.

So overall, a solid golf game, though sadly still not as good as Links 2003 overall, but it's the only console golf game I can play online, so I'm sticking with it.
                Last edited by peeveen; 14-12-2005, 16:56.

Comment

I have my sticks swapped so the right analogue is the swing stick but when I tried an online game as Woods it reverted to the left stick with absolutely no option to change. How do I swap sticks in online mode?

Comment

Got this for Xmas, not really played it much, done about 20 events probably so far in the career mode but its ace. I love TW games and I love this. Its perfect.

And it looks stunning!!!

Comment

Been playing this lots recently, really loving it!

Sure its not got as many courses as the last gen iterations but thats the only problem I have with it, everything else is perfect.

And online is great too, only played a few games and 1 tournament but its fine. And I dont see the problem with selecting your own character to play online, just select it and go.. Just like selecting a car on PGR3 or whatever.. Not exactly hard!

Comment

Stop ****ing convincing me Rossco!

Comment

I'm having trouble playing this on a normal, widescreen TV - the text is too bloody small. Half the time I can't read what's onscreen at all. Anyone else having similar probs?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA
                            I'm having trouble playing this on a normal, widescreen TV - the text is too bloody small. Half the time I can't read what's onscreen at all. Anyone else having similar probs?
                            If its similar to Fifa 06 RtWC then it is *very* small...

Comment

Working...
                            X