Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuten

Got this game yesterday played this for around 40 min.

Initial impressions are it feels better then SSV blows seem to have more oomph also some smart graphical effects.Back grounds and music are pretty good shame they used lower res sprites for the main characters though.

Character roster seems pretty huge think it has characters from the previous games plus a few more.

I think this is the first fighting game where i have had to search for a FAQ for it there is so much i could not understand for example when you select your character you can select 6 fighting options i assumed they were like the bust/slash system where you get a different move sets.But there not they just appear to alter some gameplay aspects like how you gauge is charged up and certain counter moves (also i think 2 systems give access to special super moves)

Think my biggest problem with the game is after just getting the lastblade double pack this game seems really really limitied in comparison combos seem to be basic seemed to be many moves that in other games would set juggles but here nothing.Though there is a few more modes still to try yet

You having trouble understanding it???

If you get fed up with it m8,give me a shout!!!8)

How does it compare to to SS 2??

Comment

There is a lot of japanese also when you go to moves list its not simple layouts like in previous snk games there is a lot of text and a few menu selections just in the moves list.

not really played ss2 much so cannot say Think it has characters from ss2 though

Comment

SS series has never been too combo centric - especially juggles

Comment

yeh suppose its just a personal preference for me i love combos.

Think there is a game mode where you can do those combo moves from ss4 have not tried it yet though

Would really like it if they did a atomiswave version of the last blade games

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
            Would really like it if they did a atomiswave version of the last blade games
            hell no, leave the perfect last blade series just as it is .. PERFECT

it doesnt need another game, and playmore would screw it up anyway like they have metal slug, and samsho.

please.. please.. I PRAY

do not touch the last blade series.

Comment

Suppose your right.

Snk games i am getting increasingly bored with as time goes on the reused sprites familiar characters.

Would be great if arc systems did a KOF or samurai showdown game

Comment

What i want to know is, is this game like NGBC getting a pal release or must i mod my ps2 and import. Is there any word on Ignitions current situation

Comment

Originally posted by nightstalker100
                  What i want to know is, is this game like NGBC getting a pal release or must i mod my ps2 and import. Is there any word on Ignitions current situation
                  It's coming out here in December along with KOFXI.

Any more info on this game? I haven't played a Samurai Showdown game since the 2nd one. What makes Last Blade better?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju
                    Any more info on this game? I haven't played a Samurai Showdown game since the 2nd one.
                    A lot of people regard the 2nd game as the best in the series, it's a good point of reference....

This latest (or last) installment is a dream match, from what I gather it's kind of a farewell to the 2D series -- They just previewed a new 3D arcade version, which is, I think, the 4th 3D version -- 2 arcade, 1 PSX?).... This PS2 version has every character from previous games (the return of Cham-Cham, who hasn't made an appearance since her debut in #2, plus a few new).

Haven't played it in quite a while (the Jap release of KOFXI kinda took my attention away from it).... I really liked it, the new characters are fun, the music is great, and it has Kusaregedo..... what more could you want

Good to see it get a UK release.

Comment

well i sold this game

Its ok i suppose but compared to last blade 2 this game felt extremely restrictive and basic in comparison.I suppose it could be classed as a back to basics but i do not like basics

I downloaded a few match vids (incase ther was something i did not understand) and compared to kof xi/ggxx vids they were very very dull

Lastblade 2 had combos very balanced characters (with quite a large moves lists for a 2d fighter) and a excellent countering system

a 3d samurai shodown? wonder if that will be like maximum impact

Comment

Originally posted by MiaBocca
                        A lot of people regard the 2nd game as the best in the series, it's a good point of reference....

This latest (or last) installment is a dream match, from what I gather it's kind of a farewell to the 2D series -- They just previewed a new 3D arcade version, which is, I think, the 4th 3D version -- 2 arcade, 1 PSX?).... This PS2 version has every character from previous games (the return of Cham-Cham, who hasn't made an appearance since her debut in #2, plus a few new).

Haven't played it in quite a while (the Jap release of KOFXI kinda took my attention away from it).... I really liked it, the new characters are fun, the music is great, and it has Kusaregedo..... what more could you want

Good to see it get a UK release.
                        is KOFXI really that good? I recently picked up KOF2003 cheap and i have to say i really enjoy it, its alot easier than the previous games. it just grabs me a bit more than 2001 or 2002. i dont know if anyone acually liked 2003 or not, i picked it up in a sale on impulse.

Comment

yes kof xi is great
                          it is my fav kof game

Great new characters and better tagging system (still wish they could do a hires one)

wish samurai spirits had that kind of update really

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                            yes kof xi is great
                            it is my fav kof game
                            excuse my ignorance is KOF XI the Jpn version of KOF 2006

Comment

hmm i dont think so i would have to check

i think maximum impact 2 was renamed kof 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X