Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Just got this - wow. Wow, the visuals. The voice acting is stunning, Patrick Stuart really plays it well. The music is breathtaking.

I'm finding it more than a little hard not to make myself a human, it's, well, wrong to have your first character as anything else! The customisation is really something else, so much to do that it's possible to get sucked in for your first half hour at the very least. This is after all the character you'll have for the rest of your life in Oblivion!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

What kind of class did you go for then?

This is after all the character you'll have for the rest of your life in Oblivion!
    Heh, first section spoiler...but not really

This isn't quite true, just before you leave the first dunegon you get the option to change anything which you've previously selected...including how you look and race.

Comment

I went for Nord! I just donned my first clothes, got my first weapon, and I'm loving how it's not as confusing as I expected (well, not at all really!).

Seen some poor AI though, one guy just looked as if he was standing still, but slowly dropped of a ledge (about a metre high or something).

It looks gorgeous - although a little bit too dark for my tastes.

Shooting rats with arrows takes sodding ages!

It really does have to be repeated though, the sound in this game is outstanding. Must have taken ages to get all of them in here.

It may change later in the game (when I find outside!), but it's so damn smooth, feels like 60fps all the time - and now I've just found third-person mode!
      Last edited by IanE; 22-03-2006, 17:58.

Comment

360 or PC version IanE??

Comment

Whats the collectors edition like? any pics from anyone whos gotten it?

Comment

360 version, standard edition - ?49.99 in Gamestation. =\ Still, I've got it now so that's all that matters!

Comment

Spill the beans then, are the loading times and level of detail really as bad as people are making it out to be? it seems a bit rough in the PC version so i dread to think how the '360 version could look.

Comment

Yeah, spill it quickly so we can get it out of the way and move on to talking about the actual game.

Comment

The loading times aren't bad at all, there are a few parts where it loads, big areas, dungeons and stuff, but they're not detracting from anything. Detail is awesome, outside isn't perfect, but it's very close. It looks lovely.

Comment

How about outside? Split-second stylee like in the recent in-game videos?

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                      How about outside? Split-second stylee like in the recent in-game videos?
                      Which sites have decent in game videos? All i've seen are the 30second or so 5 days, 4 days etc

Comment

1up.

Comment

Yeah, outside there's some split second stuff that can slow the game down for a few seconds (loads quick but slows it).

I just entered this castle place, and oh my god. Best visuals I've ever seen in any game, it's truly remarkable, stunning.

Comment

arrgh your hurting me man!!

Comment

Cheers. Sounds awesome, and yes, the waiting and anticipation is going up and up and up. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X