Guitar Freaks V & Drummania V PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nisa
    Konami have recently announced they'll be releasing another Guitar Freaks/Drummania at the end of August called Masterpiece Silver which will consist of over 70 songs from previous arcade versions that didn't get released on PS2. Surprisingly licensed songs will be included as the Hide with Spread Beaver track Rocket Dive is included in a very limited list of songs mentioned on the official website here http://www.konami.jp/bemani/gfdm/gs/gfdmms/

If they're calling this Masterpiece Silver then there's every chance of a Masterpiece Gold getting released as there are much more than 70 songs that haven't been in a home version on PS2 yet. If Konami continue releasing home versions like this then the purchasing of a Yamaha DTX drumkit might not seem like such a bad idea anymore.
    News of the year for me

Much like the rest of you, seeing DM V in troc rekindled my interest in the series. Really inspired me to try and get better at the PS2 version.

So what's everyone's skill points at for GF and DM? Im at a fairly lowly 311 for DM and 312 (i think) for GF.

Comment

70-something here for DMV

played GF briefly (i use that funky control scheme where you hold the buttons down for R,G,B and tap the dpad down for the pluck (L1/L2 for wailing).

it's a bit more guitar-like than playing it with the normal layout, but wailling is almost impossible so what i do is hold L1 with my thumb and use my index finger for the dpad bit
      Last edited by randombs; 10-06-2006, 19:11.

Comment

I've only played GFDM V a few times in the house but I can pass the likes of Escape to the Sky on Extreme which I think is in the 70s, I go out of my way to pass songs I really like such as Holstein's Gently the Rain Sings for Me of which the music video can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKwkmKAYnP0

When I played in the Troc there was a guy that looked like a 30 something music teacher that plowed credit after credit in to the DM cabinet, when asking some asian player who was amazing wether he was a genuine drummer he replied wih "nah I just play this game" which resulted in a reaction which was priceless, I imediately fell in love with the game and proceeded to amaze a bunch of random foreigners by playing Party Hard (God bless that Andrew W.K. song).

Comment

Working...
        X