Final Fantasy XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Polmon View Post
    No armour actually lowers stats, just the different types of armour offer different improvement (Heavy boosts str/def most, Mystic boosts MgAt/Def most, Light Armour gives the best HP boosts), and some certains armours give other bonuses. Shields, weapons and accesorries generally effect evasion the most.
    That makes things less of a stress, so I am pretty much free to buy any type of armour for any character (though it makes sense to use magic boosting gear on magic users, tougher armour on tank characters. and so-on).

Been distracted by my PS3 and HD movies over this week, but I shall pick up the pad on this game again, I was enjoying it until RR7 distracted me.

Comment

Concept, to be fair to the game, I was not looking forward to it and am not a huge fan of the art style [or wasn't I should say ] but it has all clicked. It is a truly epic game in so many senses of the word. Gameplay wise, you have probably seen very little but if you aren't enjoying it, don't force it.
      I am pretty confident you'll like it. This first play thread's size is a little misleading but I would guess that people here have sunk morethan 19 pages worth in but haven't discussed it THAT much cos of the nature of the game. I am finding it awesome but it feels I am barely half way through.

Comment

Im absoluley hooked on this game, i lost my whole xmas time off to this, all i want to do is play it! I think im about 45% in but i can be sure, i hope im not but i cant really be sure. I had a quick glance at what edge said about it in their latest edition and i have to agree that this game is truly special and that its finally a sign that Square enix are back on form with this as a true successor to FF7s critical acclaim. Having not play FF7 i cant say but this FF12 is magical, it reminds me of epic adventures lil LOTR and Star wars lol in that different races live among each other and how empires and rebellions are formed lol. The way i have played it so far ive mainly been trying to boost my abilities more than my weapons and armour, i must admit at times my characters have become weak against bosses, and that i sometimes heavily rely on guest characters to do the honours when battling, but i jus cant resist giving my characters an additional 500 hp or better spells lol!

I got to say though that you can relate the characters back to FFX's in that -

Vaan is jus Tidus
        Fran is Lulu
        Ashe is Yuna
        Balthier is a cross between Waka/Auron
        Basch is Auron
        Penelo is riku

Got to say though the story is less cheesy than FFX and more inline with a hollywood movie (not that im not say hollywood movies aint cheesy of coure lol!)

The inclusions of the gambits where a bit daunting at first but get it right and the game plays itself for you, no more random battles, should one occur yah guy will sort it at the click of a button, it really is a dream to play and im in no rush to finish it, i jus wish it would last forever!

Im gonna play it in a mo after all this talk lol! One things for sure though! FRAN HAS GOT A GREAT ASS! Wooo eeee.......

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
          FRAN HAS GOT A GREAT ASS! Wooo eeee.......

You see I had that thought... almost as disturbing as my Final Fantasy 10 thoughts.

1 Rikku looks good wet
          2 I think I'm attracted to Tidus..

Comment

Everything about Fran is ****ing hot.

I should be ashamed

Comment

I think she looks a bit like that girl in the "Superman at school" series whose name escapes me.

Comment

do u mean in smallville?

Lois, Cloe, Lana... what?

Comment

Need a bit of newbie advice here.

Okay, right now the Javelin is by far the most powerful attack stat weapon avaliable right now for me... I assume there's a very good reason why I shouldn't just give everyone a Javelin? I assume it's not as fast as (for example) my Vaan's Dagger, but I don't seem to be able to compare to my existing weapons, other than saying how my + the attack is.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
                    I want to like it... I do, but three hours in and it's boring me senseless - just as every other Final Fantasy game has post-VII. Tell me it gets better, because despite a lovely intro, I'm completely failing to see how "within minutes that it's a masterpiece", as the editor of Edge seems to eulogise in a recent BBC article.
                    I'm pretty much the same, minus the post-VII FF hatred. I got it for Christmas and haven't dedicated a lot of time to it yet (really enjoying FFV Advance instead), and so far the combat seems right out of an MMO but without any of the interaction with other people. Correct me if I'm wrong, but MMO combat is monotonous as **** and it's the real people being there that make it worth the grind.

It seems strange to me that it's essentially still turn-based combat transposed to a real-time world. What's the point in running around wherever you like during the fight when you and the enemy have to wait for the attack meter to fill before they can attack again and end up chasing each other around? It makes the combat between actions look like Benny Hill.

I'll give it a proper go in due course. I just hope that I don't have to rely on the graphics and presentation to give me the impetus to continue. Tell me it gets better after the first few hours?

Comment

For the first 6 hours or so I was a bit meh too (to the point where I stopped playing for a while), but it gets so much better when it clicks, to the point where I voted it GOTY! Couldn't put it down.

Okay, right now the Javelin is by far the most powerful attack stat weapon avaliable right now for me... I assume there's a very good reason why I shouldn't just give everyone a Javelin?
                      Nothing to stop you really! Certain weapons have other benefits that you won't see reflected in stats. Guns ignore defence, for example, and bows are ranged, stuff like that. Javelins are probably two handed so you can't equip a shield (I'm not sure as I never used them)

Comment

In other words, there's no point in using the Daggers right now other than coolness and being able to use a shield? Seems a bit wierd to me is all, cause it means half the weapo types are a bit redundant surely?

I'm sure I'm just overthinking it!

Comment

Every weapon has advantages and disadvantages. I can't remember if it applies to all daggers but there's one in particular that has something like +40 evade on it, which combined with a shield and some +Shield Block licences makes you block almost 80% of attacks!

Comment

Weapons are not only used on a factor of their power. Daggers are obviously melee weapons but they are much quicker than guns (for instance) and, being one-handed, alow a shield to be eqipped too. 2H weapons usually have a decentish evade but seeing as you cannot get another shield to go with it it needs it. Also different weapon types will combo hits more frequently - i think the ninja sword seems to do it quite often. Weaponry choice is important so i think its a shame it is not reflected in the buy and equip screens very clearly.

PS I think i meant the love interest in smallville.
                            Last edited by saif; 01-01-2007, 21:22. Reason: smallville

Comment

Been out and about over the festive season so I'm looking forward to getting back into this! Did some serious grinding before xmas last year that nearly put me off it all(killing the same two werewolves for days on end) but after having a nightmare with a section where you can't leave and killing a boss by the skin of my teeth, i decided I never wanted to be under levelled again!

Need to get back to some of the hunts, I've left them alone for a bit and now i think I know where one has been hiding.

On the subject of hunts, I have a quick question for those that have done a few. When do the monsters appear? Are they:
                              - Always there whether you read hunt boards or not
                              - Spawn after taking the job on the board but before talking to the client
                              - Or only after talking to the client?

I ask as I am avoiding fighting some big looking creatures as i'm worried that they may be the subject of a hunt that I haven't accepted yet (or accepted and not spoken to the clients yet). Don't want to kill them for free now do i?

Comment

AFAIK the creature/monsters only appear when you have accpeted and talked to the petitioner. Cos a big ass frog thing only appeared when i accpeted and talked to a guy.

Out of curiosity can some one tell me how far i am in the game without spoiling it for me in terms of percentage? I am at level 32 - 26 with my characters and i am jus past Mt Omisace, currently in a dungeon where you are tryna get some sword. Please tell me i have AGES to go yet!?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X