No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no chance of me getting hold of a UK/US PS2 anywhere that's all. I'm not buying one for one game.

Comment

Got about six hours in and just kept getting killed while seeing off some thingies eating wires. Restart - get to roughly the same point - ambushed again, dead - repeat three times - still dead.
      I would persevere, but it just isn't particularly exciting, and having to repeat from the save point twenty minutes back every time is a bit too much for me. Really can't see what the fuss is about - does it change dramatically in the next few hours?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Got about six hours in and just kept getting killed while seeing off some thingies eating wires. Restart - get to roughly the same point - ambushed again, dead - repeat three times - still dead.
        I would persevere, but it just isn't particularly exciting, and having to repeat from the save point twenty minutes back every time is a bit too much for me. Really can't see what the fuss is about - does it change dramatically in the next few hours?
        Aye, that part had me pissed off for an hour or so, but the way i do it is always attack the creatures that eat the electricty first no matter what! Then heal yourself with magic, if you run low on magic, run in a circle for like 3 mins and you should recover yah magic meter, worked for me!

Comment

Got about six hours in and just kept getting killed while seeing off some thingies eating wires. Restart - get to roughly the same point - ambushed again, dead - repeat three times - still dead ..... Really can't see what the fuss is about - does it change dramatically in the next few hours?
          Hmm I had no trouble there. I didn't really level up a lot. Just be sure not to flee a lot of fights in the beginning of the game (and I guess also later). But it get's better after that. It doesn't change dramatically though.

About the characters. I like 'em, but I also had trouble guessing gender with at least one character. But overall I like them...

Comment

Originally posted by Xhorder View Post
            Hmm I had no trouble there. I didn't really level up a lot. Just be sure not to flee a lot of fights in the beginning of the game (and I guess also later). But it get's better after that. It doesn't change dramatically though.

About the characters. I like 'em, but I also had trouble guessing gender with at least one character. But overall I like them...
            I was at level eight with all characters - is that too low? - not sure.

Comment

I was at level eight with all characters - is that too low? - not sure.
              I can't really remember which level I was at. Could be around eight yeah. At the moment I'm at level 16 or so. Much further in the game. So I guess eight should be doable. If you play with the gambit system on (or off, but then you should be doing it yourself), be sure to let your partymates do a lot of heal or first aid when health is low. MP is easily raised by walking around.

Comment

Yeah, healing should be the top priority for at least two of your characters.
                I had Fran and Vaan casting Cure when Any Party Member's health was below 70%, and whatshisface casting First Aid any time he can (i.e. whenever anyone went to critical) and that saw me through that whole section with very little trouble.

Comment

I had Cure Gambits set up very similarly with 2 characters set to Cure at around the 60-70% mark. However I found it started to have a negative impact as it meant that some of the bosses were becoming quite hard as 2 characters were purely casting Cure over and over whilst the remaining character struggled to do all the damage themselves.

I found I had much greater success when I was more confident in letting the HP fall to lower levels. This is definitely much better once you get Curaga to Cure bomb someone as they hit HP: Critical status with a second character backing up with standard Cure at around 40% HP. This way I find my characters are all attacking more often helping up my damage potential.

Also, I make sure everyone has a Self: Regen Gambit. I wasn’t sure if this would work at first (I thought they would simply cast Regen on themselves over and over) but the Gambit system is more intelligent that that and any “Self” gambits (such as Regen, Protect etc) will only be recast when the effect wears.

Comment

You gotta be careful with the cure gambits though cos ive had occaisions when you have 2 peeps curing Vaan when his energy was at 60%, whilst fighting an enemy, this meant that every hit the enemy took at vann resulted in my 2 peeps stopping their attacks and healing vaan, thus leaving only vaan to do the attacking, and overall meaning the battle took twice as long! Can be hazardous at times, you have to be smart about where you splash yah lp and which gambits to use.

Comment

It seems quite easy to gain LP at the moment. You can just run around outside Rabasastre and one-hit kill most things. And doesn't everyone get LP, no matter whether they're in the party or not?

I like how there's no EXP for boss fights. Nice touch.

Comment

On the licence grid, for Battle Lore where it says 'Increade physicial attack damage', I assume this means it's pointless for, say, a gun or bow user? Or does 'physical attack' refer to anything that's not magic/etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Xhorder View Post
                          I can't really remember which level I was at. Could be around eight yeah. At the moment I'm at level 16 or so. Much further in the game. So I guess eight should be doable. If you play with the gambit system on (or off, but then you should be doing it yourself), be sure to let your partymates do a lot of heal or first aid when health is low. MP is easily raised by walking around.

I couldn't be arsed doing it again and traded it in.

Comment

I couldn't be arsed doing it again and traded it in.
                            Bad choice. Your loss mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                              On the licence grid, for Battle Lore where it says 'Increade physicial attack damage', I assume this means it's pointless for, say, a gun or bow user? Or does 'physical attack' refer to anything that's not magic/etc?
                              Anything that's not magic, treat it as a booster to your strength stat i think...

Comment

On the licence grid, for Battle Lore where it says 'Increade physicial attack damage', I assume this means it's pointless for, say, a gun or bow user? Or does 'physical attack' refer to anything that's not magic/etc

@Spoilers@

No its not pointless to raise that on any character who does physical damage, but like has been said it only affects the base stat of the character who you upgrade. In fact its best to upgrade all of them as soon as possible so you can get them all doing similar amounts of damage depending on what weapon they are carrying.

You will end up with enough Lps to do this eventually anyway, but in the begining when things are tight its best to upgrade any character who you have doing physical damage and thats from either ranged (Bows and Guns) or melee (axes and swords) weapons. Obviously some already have better base stats in certain areas - hence why they appear to do more damage when carrying certain types of weapon.

The equation to work out the total numerical value of Hp damage created by the character who's carrying a melee weapon is different from that of someone carrying a ranged weapon. Either way anyone doing physical damage will benefit from that upgrade.

Mind you so will anyone really, so its upto you who you do it to first and the basic rule of thumb being that the 'melee' weapon carrying characters or units do appear to get the most benefit from it due to the positive effect it has on those equations used to work out total damage, but its basically good for anyone who's doing physical damage anyway.
                                Last edited by AdamJW; 19-01-2007, 20:04. Reason: tidying dyslexic errors

Comment

Working...
                                X