No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these 'mist knacks' I keep hearing mention of? I'm far too lazy to have bothered reading the manual and haven't noticed them so far (8 or so hours).

Comment

they are like limit break attacks, you find them hidden on the board. best way to use them is to have each person learn one, when you use them in the field you can then link them with the other characters. overkills the bosses, pretty much.

Comment

Ahh ok cheers. I haven't got my head around that grid at all yet

Comment

if you highlight a block that is blank on the board it will tell you what it is. you can then plan the best way to get it then.

Comment

Been playing this for a little bit, just did that Judge Boss battle and while everyone was at level 11, Vaan was already dead so i had to switch in a new person. The judge would have killed me easily if i hadn't been downing hi-potions like a crazy man. I had forgotten the 'no-wait' bonus of item usage.

But now I'm a little lost, just got 6 people on my team now, and i have no idea where to take them! I tried to keep people generally where they were, so Vaan is a sword user, The vierra woman is still an archer, that other blonde guy is a swordsman, pirate still uses his gun, and the two women are as they were too. Should i have pushed some people into white mage/black mage roles?

Also on the tile board, i'm not really buying tiles until i come across the weapons and armour needed, but i'm clueless as to where to go in the upper right portion for each archetype...

I'd be interested to hear where you guys have taken your characters and whether they are successful or not, I need some guidance...

Comment

I used to save LP points, but early on you need the quickens as they boost your mana/magic points (x2 when you have two quickens, x3 for three).

I just planned ahead, with Vaan I'm going swords and heavy armour (plus shields) so I just went along that path and grabbed the nearest quickens, Fran is my mage/pries type, so I grabbed every white/green/black magic on the way to quickens. Balthier is a bit up in the air, he's currently looking cool with a katana.

Just a note for people to head "SW" from the magic part of the board to the augments section, lots of hp increases, increased damage, increased item effective stuff down there.

As for buying magics/technics I just buy everything I can when I can afford them, the (lack of) speed the game dishes out equipment to you, means you're never tooled up enough. If you did save LP points till you had the equipment to use with them then you would have 1k points available at all times

The Star Wars feel, it's not just the characters, it's the cinematics too, the way the aerial battle in the intro trailer goes it's very reminiscent of the start of Episode 3, then there's a few pans across cityscapes that are very Lucas-like.

There are a load of enemy status = <condition> gambits which you can exploit, eg I have Fran cast oil on an enemy (makes them susceptible to fire), and then with "enemy status = oiled, cast fire"

I only really use that for flying enemies as they're pretty hard to hit with melee weapons so it's less painful to fight them this way, I haven't seen any specific "if enemy is weak to element" gambits yet though.

I'm currently running around the Ozmone (sp) plains, looking for Garif village.

Well, that's enough vague and disjointed for now

ps.

How bad is the Vossler fight, he did so much damage it was stupidly painful

Last edited by GordonJ; 07-11-2006, 05:16.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I hadn't spotted the mp bonus you get with quickens Vaan has one, but how do i chain it? It gives me a time bar but there seems to be nothing i can do?

Comment

It's not really possible to chain that well with only one character with a Quicken. Basically when the screen comes up, it'll name people who have Quickens, you press the button next to the name to have them cast theirs next and continue the combo. If no one has one ready you can hit Shuffle and you may get one.

Comment

what are quickens? you guys talking about the stat boosts for attacks and magic?

Comment

Basically they're like the old style limit breaks, just special attacks you can do (with a full mp bar), they're dotted around the license board, normally at the edges or in corners.

Comment

Thinking about ordering this, have put it off because of SE's decision with FFX to give the PAL version extra content. Does anyone know if we in Europe are to expect the same kind of release, a FFXII International version or something?

Very tempted to push the button and order an NTSC copy anyway, I have less time for games these days, especially these next few months, so extra content might just get in the way.

Comment

I doubt very much the PAL version will get any additional game content - the development team has been dissolved.

Comment

Hmm, if that's the case I'll just pop on over to VG+...

Comment

Originally posted by GordonJ
                              Basically they're like the old style limit breaks, just special attacks you can do (with a full mp bar), they're dotted around the license board, normally at the edges or in corners.
                              oh quickenings. ive got plenty of those myself, i thought you were on about something else then.

Comment

Originally posted by GordonJ
                                The Star Wars feel, it's not just the characters, it's the cinematics too, the way the aerial battle in the intro trailer goes it's very reminiscent of the start of Episode 3, then there's a few pans across cityscapes that are very Lucas-like.
                                Exactly what i thought too, also when you/if you reached the desert trek yet to some chaps tomb (i forget) have a look at the sand people who appear to fight you off, tusken raiders no less!

Comment

Working...
                                X