No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought that aswell. its not like its a bad thing anyway.

Comment

Right, I've been inspired by GordonJ, rolled up my sleeves and actually started tailoring my dudes into roles now. It's much easier once you get the knack of the tiles and where to go for what job. I just waiited till someone has a few hundred LP's and unlocked loads of tiles to see what did what, and then reloaded.

The real boon was spotting the white magic trail going left from the top right area. I though mages were getting a raw deal until i found all those tiles that up magic strength and give you back mp for damaging enemies etc etc. My fighters went down from the same spot and got some nice hp bonuses and other bits and bobs.

Nearly everyone has a quickening now too, which is a boon when it comes to super tough enemies. Today's mission is power levelling with the trex outside of town, i'm getting a level nearly everytime i kill the blighter

So far i have a white mage, a black mage, a gunner, an archer and two sword and shield types... Anyone found any tiles that relate specifically to archers other than equipment tiles?
      Last edited by Briareos; 08-11-2006, 08:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabreman
        I doubt very much the PAL version will get any additional game content - the development team has been dissolved.
        Don't be silly, you know that'd never stop S-E managing to add 'additional content*' to a game!

* big black borders

Comment

im lvl 37 with everyone and each person has 3 quickenings each. i can make everyone at the moment multiple classes. you can buy an item later on in the game that allows you to get the double the amount of license points. make sure you get it.

Comment

Jesus just got completely battered to the entrance by the tomb

giant bird thing just picked off my crew one by one

. Help please!

Comment

Originally posted by revlob
              Thinking about ordering this, have put it off because of SE's decision with FFX to give the PAL version extra content. Does anyone know if we in Europe are to expect the same kind of release, a FFXII International version or something?
              That only actually happened with FFX, where we got the extras from the FFX International (and the JPN International one was better as it had English text option w/ 60Hz).

With FFX-2, KH and KH2 we just got the US versions.

Comment

Not a bad game this. I love the lack of Random battles.

CBA with all this levelling up malarky any more though, so just stuck the action replay in and everyone is level 99 with 99999 LP's. I haven't got loads of time to play games these days so just working through the stoy.

I don't like the license board idea. I still think the materia idea in FF7 was the best they've had.

I've just

Killed the 2 judges on the leviathan

i am hoping the story is going to kick up a gear now as it doesn't seem to be going anywhere at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear

. Help please!
                  equip everyone with long range weapons and increase your speed to wait for magic/attack. thats all you need to do from what i remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear

. Help please!
                    I did this last night

go back to Nham Yensa and head to the furthest south area, there should be a moogle and a savepoint nearby. Talk to the moogle and follow the Wultan yensa back into the sandsea. Eventually you'll find them all battling the wultan eater. Kill it, return to the Moogle and follow the Wultan fella again back into the first sandsea area. Head up the structure till you see the wultan run off again, speak with the moogle again and pick up the seed. Feed this to the bird guarding the tomb and it'll be a piece of piss.

Hope that helps, it's a bit longwinded!

Comment

There's a quest you can do, it's in the East of that zone, it'll give you an item which makes that fight very very easy.

Comment

Cheers guys. I killed that big turtle thing but didn't know where to go for my reward, so i just headed East.

I'm getting into it alot more now. I'm a big FF fan and was rather dazed and confused when i first started playing it. I actually like the random battles from FF of old, seems very strange for the first few hours. As mentioned before they are random battles but disgused to make it feel more open and less linear. My only gripes so far are the save points are a tad few and far between and that the leveling up takes absolutely ages.
                        And yes i can see the Star Wars influences. From the opening CGI sequence to the lizard character models to the flying ships and even the use of colours are very very similar, not that i'm complaining as the acting in the game is far better than any of Ep1-3

EDIT:- RE the quickenings. How do you gain power in these? Do you just press R2 or is there more to it than that?
                        Last edited by Mad Gear; 08-11-2006, 15:44.

Comment

EDIT:- RE the quickenings. How do you gain power in these? Do you just press R2 or is there more to it than that?
                          You need another person in your team to have a quickening aswell. they combine when you activate one, the more you do the more powerful they become. for example just doing one will get you about 7-1000 damage, doing two or three will deal 7000 damage early on in the game.

Comment

Damn this games absorbing my free time! At level 24 with everyone now after about 23 hours of play, the licence grid makes it all the more addictive i think with the desire to unlock just one more technique/ health bonus etc.. How long you been playing it for to get to that level Zero9X if you dont mind me asking? Just wondering whether im wasting my time leveling up where i have been.

Comment

Damn this Hunts are addictive, just spent the last 5-6 hours in game doing them, think I'll get back to the story later on. Around 26 hours on my save now, and it's just getting better and better.

Those Golden Amulets, double LP, seem far too easy to get. Loving them though really lets you plow through the board and get some of the better Augments, +500HP is such a sweet one.

Also does anyone know if it has New Game Plus at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant Syphillis
                                Damn this games absorbing my free time! At level 24 with everyone now after about 23 hours of play, the licence grid makes it all the more addictive i think with the desire to unlock just one more technique/ health bonus etc.. How long you been playing it for to get to that level Zero9X if you dont mind me asking? Just wondering whether im wasting my time leveling up where i have been.
                                45hrs. ive been pretty much exploring everywhere and selling loot, aswell as doing the occasional hunt and side quest.

EDIT: don't know if this is a bug or not, but i just noticed that all my characters ever since ive learned all the quickenings for them. their mp has increased ten fold. e.g. penelo = 426/142 looks like a bug to me, same goes for the other characters. anyone else get this?
                                Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 08-11-2006, 18:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X